Fly Tying
Bimini15

Please give me your opinion on this fly.

If you really want a hard critique i will try. First i just wish that i could tie one that well.

The inward v cut has a miss cut left in...I am sure you could clean that up. How do you get such a clean in v cut?

The wire wrappings were done in classical odd numbers, 7 & 3 in your case...Did you do that by design or happy accident?...It gives most flies a balance in their look to make them more pleasing. You need to work on getting those wraps a bit more parallel and even. Only a classic fly buff would give you that BS, but it does show through when making a presenter fly.

Now for fishing...I think it looks like a big fish getter. Please, Tell us more about how it does on the waters.

I think it looks great overall.

I just saw this thread, and that fly. Looks like a cricket ... the big, black, ugly crickets that fall in the water and get immediately attacked by the closest fish that sees it.

Great job.

Well ... Geeez, people. I almost hate to chime in and stop the praise...

Thanks! ... Except for Dr. Vette :D

Seriously though, Cheech's pattern is easy to tie and looks good even when you butcher it.

Dr. Vette, no happy accident, just dumb luck. The cut was with micro serrated scissors.

Will update on results.

Well ... Geeez, people. I almost hate to chime in and stop the praise...

Thanks! ... Except for Dr. Vette biggrin.png

Seriously though, Cheech's pattern is easy to tie and looks good even when you butcher it.

Dr. Vette, no happy accident, just dumb luck. The cut was with micro serrated scissors.

Will update on results.

LOL, i am glad you see it was in fun on a very hard style of judging...I think this is why ever-one keeps asking me to judge their car shows??? I took old world classic judging on a fly that could never be tied in the classic times.