Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mybadhabit

Art of Fishing Journal

Does anyone know what an issue of "The Art of Fishing Journal's" go for, I've got 9 editions that are in proof condition and wanted to insure them possibly.

Blane

Are you referring to Paul Schmookler's "Art of Angling Journal". If so, then you can look on the "Bay" to see what they have recently sold for (not what they are asking).

Interesting. I also have 8 issues (2001 - 2004) also in mint. I must be missing one - probably the first, but possibly the last when they stopped production.

i bought 1 issue on ebay for about $20

insuring it would probably cost more than its worth. wouldnt get you much for retirement smile.png

there is info on back issues here but i dont know if its up to date

http://www.artofangling.com/backissues.html

i got screwed by them when they no longer kept the subscription going. paid for it but never got the books.

here is the whole set for $250 (but i just bought it :))

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=18271821394&searchurl=kn%3Dfly%26sortby%3D17%26an%3Dpaul%2Bschmookler

If I remember correctly subscripton price was in the neighbourhood of $20 - $25 per issue. Same Norm, was always fighting with them and renewed subscription and never got my books.

PS: Again this is pushing my memory a lot but didn't they have for sale on their web site red ruffled fruit crow capes for thousands of dollars?