Fly Tying
Flat Rock native

Butte Ugly Swap-Register here-Open Feb 16

It will be a few weeks, but I found my shoulder harness for my cameras, so I will try not to fish without it, and I promise you I will catch fish on that thing! They could be disoriented fish after staring at Beyon Ugly but they will eat it.

Mine went out in today's mail. I threw in several bonus flies and the fly on the slip of paper that says "Thanks for hosting" goes to the 'meister. If anyone catches anything on mine, let me know. I haven't been able to go fishing in round 3 years now, so hearing that someone caught a fish on my fly would be the next best thing.

Take care

BB

I wondered if I should do a customs declaration at the post office before I mailed it. I wasn't sure that Wyoming is in the United States or not. Maybe it would get there quicker if we treated it like international mail.

BB

Horses wouldn't live that long. I figured it would take mules at least if not donkeys to get it there. Too stubborn to die. I hope they let us know when the mule train pulls out of Independence, Missouri. That's when we have to start worrying about indian attack and running out of water in the middle of the desert.

BB

Flies should be postmarked no later than APRIL 18

SM to provide:

Bonus 1. Chell's Panfish Attractor, BT Rendition, tied by Al and Gretchen Beatty

Bonus 2. Salt Mystery Streamer, Atlantic Side Edition, tied by Pete GrayDEADLINE is APRIL 15, 2017There is no need to disclose the planned pattern until submittal, YOUR OPTION

Summary of Rules:

1. The usual rules on tagging submittals and pre-paid postage for returns

Updated- Reminder, try to use this thread to notify of shipment or address matters; we will also try to watch other 3 threads floating around out there with

Butt[e] Ugly in the topic

FRN, when you get mine, please count them to make sure I sent enough. I was doing 3 sets of flies and found an extra toe tag last night after I got back from the post office.

Thanks

BB

Alright two weeks left. April 15 deadline or the I.R.S. will be after you!

I.R.S. ( Impatient Ruffled Swappers )

I gotta get my stuff taken care of the less favorable irs still.

Deadline extended. We be as friendly orbfriendlier than IRS, so just make sure your package is posted by April 18, 2017.

Service to Buffalo is SLOW... Breambusters arrived on Saturday, April 1....

Foambugs, there may be a problem... Check your address info, have not seen Foam'S creations--- Need a tracer on those.

Bad News... Woodenlegs had to drop out, but we are pulling for his family and him, seroius health matters ongoing, we can relate to that.

Joker One also could be MINA.... no checkins yet!

Everyone keep tying same numbers! Should be 15-16 each when all turnarounds are complete! Kenduardo's covering 4 x15 sets...

All is Good.... Carry On...

Yeah, April 18 is better than the 15th. I'm sure the already slow mail will be clogged with the real IRS stuff in two weeks.

But had to make a joke about the date.

So sorry to hear about Woodenlegs.

FRN, when you get mine, please count them to make sure I sent enough. I was doing 3 sets of flies and found an extra toe tag last night after I got back from the post office.

Thanks

BB

Your count and flies are righteous! Will try to get pictures up, but have a travel break from studio for 2-3 days.....

SWAP FILLED, Wednesday, 3-1-17 at 5pm MST

All flies due NO Later Than April 18, must be postmarked

Enrolled:

SM -Chellinator, Flame Orange Variant

1. Decisions tying a DomeAzz

2. Co- host vicrider Butte Ugly Sunfish Poo and something with Wire /RECEIVED/

3. vicente Butte Ugly Olive Buggers /RECEIVED/

4. Joker One - Check in please

5. nsillej - tying Magnum Prince

Good thoughts and healing energy directed to:

6. Woodenlegs

7. foambug {shipped} Lost in Transit?..?????

8. carpflyguy

9. GP flyfisherman- Butte Ugly Prince nymph, Beadless variant /RECEIVED/

10. Saltybum - Proven Butte Ugly, Brown Salt /RECEIVED/ awesome wild card, SM Carried Off

11. mybadhabit

12. ShoeBop, B.U. Magnus. /RECEIVED/

13. Breambuster- Butte Ugly Special K { RECEIVED}

SM to provide:

Bonus 1. Chell's Panfish Attractor, BT Rendition, tied by Al and Gretchen Beatty

Bonus 2. Salt Mystery Streamer, Atlantic Side Edition, tied by Pete Gray

Postmark DEADLINE is APRIL 18, 2017

There is no need to disclose the planned pattern until submittal, YOUR OPTION

Summary of Rules:

1. The usual rules on tagging submittals and pre-paid postage for returns will apply, INTERNATIONAL SWAPPERS will be welcome based on postal costs and arrangements;

2. OPTIONAL--- 2 wild cards flies may be submitted which will be sent to another swapper as designated by the flytyer or by default in discretion of swap hosts; and

3. Your fly must be Butte Ugly and any fly that will catch fish should be allowed, (this is really a Favorites Swap,) so join in the fun.

Beauty contest [/b]conducted by photos (ie, mug shots) of the swappers UNDERWAY

Best insult contest [/b]directed at the flies submitted, and voted by a plurality of FTF members when all swappers have sent off their creations. UNDERWAY

So finally, LET'S GET BUTTE UGLY

Updated- Reminder, try to use this thread to notify of shipment or address matters; we will also try to watch other 3 threads floating around out there with

Butt[e] Ugly in the topic catchlines

Updated in transit listing on 4/2/17.1027hattachicon.gifKayakDriver.jpg

New deadline set; please check above! .... Carry On....