Fly Tying

Airbrushing With Sharpies

Owl Jones...Those look psychedelic dude...Woodstock all over again!!! Very nice indeed...

I don't get all the negatives...... Sharpies and a can of air expensive? They are already laying around the house doing nothing. I might keep half a dozen poppers and maybe use them twice a year. This makes far more sense than an airbrush. A great tip for some people and I'll put it to good use.

Yea, the last time I was in Hobby Lobby I saw a package of a dozen Sharpies in assorted sizes for $22. With a 40% off coupon that's about a buck a piece.

I went to Staples looking for a brown sharpie to coat some powerpro line and found they had colors in sets. Some pastel, some more manly or natural in hue like olive, brown, dull yellow.

I'm certainly not negative against Sharpies. Being a graphic artist I have more pens and pencils than I could ever use. For doing just a few I think they're great. For someone wanting to knock out large numbers an airbrush might be a better route. BUT you have to clean airbrushes very good after use or you'll regret it later. As Capt. Bob Lemay would say that's one of those "Ask me how I know".

i have been using this technique for a while now. its cheap works great and you can use just about any type marker you want..doesn't ruin them either that i've noticed.