Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Troutman

Mt. St. Helens

Just thought I'd share a few photos of todays events as seen from the front porch of my parents house. Was just plain luck that I had my digital camera with me.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The Mtn. erupted about 5:30 pm today and spewed ash and steam as high as 30,000 ft. Was quite a sight to see.

Jim

That is cool I would of loved to see something like that. I dont imagine the picks did justice to the real event. Picks are great. I just think that seeing something real like that is totaly unbeliveable, and no pictures can describe what realy happened. Could you hear anything from the blast?

Yeah, would've been nice to see. Wasn't enough to even see up in Tacoma. Nice to see she's still rebuilding herself. Not that I'll ever see her like she was in my lifetime.

Troutman, didn't know you were from around here. Are you 45 miles north or south? Just curious if you're in WA or on the skirts of Oregon.

Nope, didn't hear anything at all. Read one guys tale that he heard it and felt it while fishing in Portland on the Columbia. Stealheader, I'm SW of the Mtn. I'm in the little town (not as little as when I moved here) St. Helens right on the Columbia river on the Or. side.

Check out this Pic This one was taken from a high rise in Portland.

Jim

thats our mtn- cool pics- just when it seemed there was hope for the Toutle river though.................. anyone remember it before the big blast? it was butter ,baby !!!!

davy

Yep Davy, was just getting to know it before it blew. Had two years fishing it. Was supposed to be fishing on the Toutle the day the mountain blew. Caught quite a few big steelhead out of that river. Plus, had some monster coho's as well. Knew my Dad was seriously depressed when it went. Think that was the first river he explored himself. Rest were ones that were shared by his Dad and his older brothers. So was very special to him. Plus, was the river he and his two fishing buddies (by that time, both of them were deceased) would fish while hunting down in that area. So would do dual trips. So was hard to see it go.