Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Still around

Here's hoping for the best for you and your family. Your sister is lucky to have standing by her and wish her the best in recovery. Just listened to the Medi-Vac helicopter leaving for OK City with a friend of my wife's. Someone else for the church prayer list.

Well now today some of the doctors are now talking about wanting to do the surgery to remove the mass as soon as sometime next week. That scares my Sister because she's afraid of surgery, especially with the mass being so close to the heart. I am very glad they are talking about doing it this soon though because the past month has just been so bad with her laying in that bed in limbo with no progress towards getting better. So I think once they do this and get that mass out of her I believe that will be the point when we can start working towards her getting better.

She's got an MRI tomorrow and because of her claustrophobia they have to knock her out for it so I most likely won't be going to see her tomorrow since she's be tied up most the day. So I think I am going to take a mental health day and spend a few hours on the river tomorrow to mend my mind. I don't even care if I catch anything or not.

If you're going fishing today ... be careful.

1) I saw on the weather channel that your weather isn't going to be very good.

2) Be sure to engross yourself in your fishing. Thoughts wandering to other things while you're wading is when you fall in. Hypothermia could put you in a bed next to your sister. Concentrate on whatever it is you do today. Block out all other thoughts. Heck, spend the day in bed watching movies ...

On a related note:

A decade or so back, my sister's husband, Tom, was having a terrible time sleeping. As soon as he lay down, he'd be unable to breathe. Then he started feeling like he was having a heart attack.

Doctors found a heart sized growth in his chest ... BEHIND his heart.

Turned out to be benign when they got it out, and he's been fine ever since.

She'll be okay.

Steve! You're back in the shop, making rods. So, at least somethings are going well.

How's your sister doing?

How your ... injury ... doing?

She's still in the hospital, going on 6 weeks now. We've been waiting for them them to schedule surgery to remove the mass because until they finally do that she's basically not able to really start getting better at all. They decided to do some sort of blood cleaning all this week which is almost like a dialysis type thing where they run the blood through some machine that cleans it to remove antibodies. So that pushed the surgery back because of that. They just told her this morning now that surgery will finally be next week on Thursday. She's still on the ventilator but they have been setting it to a setting where it only assists her for half the day, so after the surgery once she recovers, she should be able to get off of that then most likely.

I'm doing okay. I had a doc apt for myself last week but had to cancel it. Since my insurance sucks the docs I have to see are not ones I would normally choose and I don't care one bit for the way they do things. I wanted to simply reschedule it because on that day there was something going on with my Sister and they told me since I was a new patient I couldn't reschedule, so if I didn't come then they would consider it a "no show" and I couldn't come back at all to them. I'll leave it to your imagination as to what my reply them is was wink.png No big loss, I'll simply find another crappy doc in my network to go to if/when I need to. Other than that I'm actually doing better. Still got a bit of soreness but it's no where near what it was like before. I thought it was a hernia for awhile but since I have had a couple hernia surgeries in the past I know what a hernia feels like and this just doesn't feel quite the same as before, so I'm thinking it's something else that is not all that serious. I'll just play it day by day for now, but the past week now it's been pretty decent and not bothering me too much at the moment.

In other news a terrible thing has befallen me. My Season 6 of Game of Thrones was supposed to be here today, now it says it won't be here till tomorrow......NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!laugh.png

In other news a terrible thing has befallen me. My Season 6 of Game of Thrones was supposed to be here today, now it says it won't be here till tomorrow......NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!laugh.png

I'm glad to hear of the progress for your sister and you.

SO sorry to hear of this tragic delay in your GoT therapy sessions !!!

Sister had her surgery yesterday. Was a long procedure to remove the mass by the heart, took almost 6hrs. Doctors said it actually went even better than expected though which is great. They have her back in ICU again for a few days to heal but hoping now she can finally start to work on getting better so we can get her out of there. Going to be almost 2 months that shes been there as of next week.

Great to finally get that done. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for her.

Still sending "get well" wishes her way. Adding "speedy recovery" wishes to those.