Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mark Knapp

In need of brown Squirmies.

Here’s my frog foam and rubber legs no tying just gluing.  They don’t really pop and work better early in season on bucketmouths when water is clear.  Ie before the plankton bloom in our local lakes.  Surprised frogs up your way.  

480-F03-B6-9161-4-B22-B827-41-B7928902-B

1 hour ago, denduke said:

Here’s my frog foam and rubber legs no tying just gluing.  They don’t really pop and work better early in season on bucketmouths when water is clear.  Ie before the plankton bloom in our local lakes.  Surprised frogs up your way.  

Yep, it's the only amphibian or reptile we have. The pike eat them up, the trout too. Of course, they'd probably eat a green one too.

If you'd like, I can put some brown legs in an envelope  and send them to you.  I know you have already ordered some but  they may not get to you for a couple of weeks.  Just let me know.

Kerusso

6 hours ago, kerusso said:

If you'd like, I can put some brown legs in an envelope  and send them to you.  I know you have already ordered some but  they may not get to you for a couple of weeks.  Just let me know.

Kerusso

That would be very nice. Yes please, I would love to have some. It says the ones I ordered are supposed to be here on April 29th to March 6th.....from China. If I'd seen they were coming from China before I had ordered them, I would have ordered from another place.

Thank you very much, anything I can do for you?

Mark another thing you could do for legs, is furling them with dubbing like you would a worm, it will have lots of movement, mcfly has a good furled worm video, that way you could get exactly the color you want.

12 minutes ago, vicente said:

Mark another thing you could do for legs, is furling them with dubbing like you would a worm, it will have lots of movement, mcfly has a good furled worm video, that way you could get exactly the color you want.

That's a pretty good idea too. I think for this one I will use worms, if they are tough enough.

PM'd you this morning. Please let me know if you don't see it. I'll get our "Super Moderator" Mike to look into, and fix the problem pronto. He don't got nothin' better to do.😋

Thank you again.

22 hours ago, denduke said:

BTW, nice frogs. A little too cute for our pike though, our pike are all business.😄

Nothing better to do?  Nothing better to do?

Wait, I DON'T have anything better to do !!!

I'm glad that message went through.  Had me worried I was going to have to do something.

Sitting back and relaxing again!