Fly Tying

this popper is one that i punched out from that foam block in grizzly... the foam is a little different but it looks ok. only concern i have(i am not sure what you call if so forgive me) is that the foam cylinders that i bought are firm and this block is a softer material. i don't know if this one is going to start absorbing water?? will see i hope to get out this week not much time left here in Pa. it was 48 degrees this morning. meaning top water with poppers anyways 

so i have always had personal license plates on my vehicles. last fall i decided i wanted one with something to do with fly fishing. i came up with FLYRODZ. after i put it on my car my wife and daughter gave me grief that it looked like a name of a Rapper or HIP HOP Artist.... so i got another IFLIFISH and they still give me grief... i can't win with these women. 

IMG-1569.jpg

IMG-1570.jpg

Some others they might prefer? 

😉

NYMPH IT 

NYMPHER

SXYLUPS

SXYLWPS

VISEMAN

LIPTHEM

DRYGUY

FTHRMAN

POPRMAN

PSCAMOR

ON DFLY

NICNTTE

NCNTITE

HACKLER

HACKLEM

CDCLOVR

TIEITUP

TIE1UP

TYONEUP

IFLYTIE

Sorry, but apparently that's what happens when I'm confined for nearly six months.

you know i looked all over the internet for ideas for a fly fishing plate and i couldn't find much you guys came up with lots of ideas. whatever i put on my jeep the women are going to give me grief anyways.. hahahahahaha

38 minutes ago, dairydave said:

whatever i put on my jeep the women are going to give me grief anyways.

Oh, not so...

Get her "DANCME"

Get you "DANCEU"

for years i had UFLY2 that was an environmental plate for illinois. extra cost went to hire senior citizens for part time work at state parks  when they cut hiring several years ago i dropped it

i want to thank everyone for their ideas getting started on popper making... my fishing season is about wrapped up here in southwest pa i do have a trip planned hopefully the water is good next week i am going down to the New River in fayetteville WV for a day trip. after that i am most likely done topwater for the year. most likley as grass mowing comes to an end and the honey do list gets done for this year i will sit down and start making some poppers and share them. 

talk again later this year. 

dave