Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SalarMan

Silver Gray - Minor Variation - Revisited

When I posted this pattern a couple of weeks ago I wasn't real pleased with the position and shape of the wing. So...I decided to redo the pattern with the wing a bit more to my liking, as in the wing sitting lower, just a little curve in there and a sort of streamlined look to it.

As always, feel free to comment folks.

951539885_DSC_0011(2).thumb.jpg.2bf76418efd2d43089f5c463c5475a3d.jpg

I have a question.  When you tie in the GP topping, obviously it's between the wings. Should the rest of the topping feather remain between the wings?

17 minutes ago, Sandan said:

I have a question.  When you tie in the GP topping, obviously it's between the wings. Should the rest of the topping feather remain between the wings?

Actually it is NOT between the wings, but resting on top from the head back...hence the name topping.

2 hours ago, SalarMan said:

Actually it is NOT between the wings, but resting on top from the head back...hence the name topping.

Well so much for obvious.  Thank you for the explanation/clarification SalarMan

On 9/12/2020 at 8:03 PM, Bruce Derington said:

Yeah a lot of nice 👍 going on here. Love the kori dividing colors, makes that wing pop!

Thanks Bruce. The Kori was added to perk the wing up a bit, and this time to add a couple of needed fibers to give the wing more depth as well. I just felt it was necessary.