Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Fly Challenge #4

Wow guys, great work! I've never seen such creative and stunning featherwings before.

Bob, that fly looks absolutely deadly for a brookie lake I know up North! When are you getting here wink.gif

Nick

Hi streamertyer, I was looking at the fist one you posted, and thought, the dark subdued colors really show off a nice silhouette Then the next one came up with the bright and spectacular color scheme, which looks great as well. You tie some really nice flies.

Graham

QUOTE (streamertyer @ Apr 7 2005, 09:59 AM)
Haven't hung out here much, so I'm not sure what a Fly Challenge quite is dunno.gif but...
Take a sip of this wink.gif (Big Zin) --

Hey, we've got a ringer here guys. biggrin.gif

Chris is being modest. If you poke around on the New England Streamer page of Global Fly Fisher, I think you will find that Chris is a great streamer tier. thumbsup.gif

OSD...

That's cool how the shoulder mimicks a minnows pale belly/front. When you fish that streamer, does the profile remain (shoulder on the lower half, showing a dark upper-side from the grizzly feather beneath)?

Any special technique to get the shoulder on the lower half like that, or do you just find appropriately-shaped feathers?

Great-looking pattern... looks like a real fish-getter! Got a name for it?

streamertyer... I love the color scheme on your purple/claret one! Did you custom dye the wing/shoulder feathers? Beautiful!

Aarne... that's a great tie! What is the cheek on there?

QUOTE (Rob Knisely @ Apr 9 2005, 08:48 AM)
streamertyer... I love the color scheme on your purple/claret one! Did you custom dye the wing/shoulder feathers? Beautiful!

Thanks Rob. No, they're not custom dyed. The wing is claret over black over deep purple. Shoulder is claret dyed guinea.

Cheers,

CD