Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Squishy Head Streamer - Green Shad

I designed this Squishy Head Streamer to move frantically side to side like a dying baitfish. The dry fly dubbing, and the cone of flexible UV resin on the front of the fly really give a unique movement unlike any other fly pattern. I fish this on a sink tip line, where it will float slightly above it. This will give a more lifelike action, and keep it from snagging on the bottom as well when fished slowly in shallow areas. It can be tied in any color patterns to mimic most baitfish. I have tied it in perch, sunfish, and a couple of different shad colors. It works great for all imitations. While it is not the easiest fly in the world to tie, it isn't too difficult, and the difficulty is worth it because it catches fish very well. I have caught smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, trout, and even some saltwater fish as well on it.

5 hours ago, skeet3t said:

Unique. Never heard of flexible UV resin.

Oh it’s great stuff man!  Check it out.  Useful in many applications.  

Great looking fly and video.  Didn't catch the name of that material from FTD-what was it?

22 hours ago, dave said:

Great looking fly and video.  Didn't catch the name of that material from FTD-what was it?

Thank you, It was Clyde dubbing.