Fly Tying

ya awesome flies...i wouldnt dream of fishing one of them by me for steelhead. id lose it on one of those trees that seem to blen in and seem further back then they really are...now i feel bad, gotta come up with a real pattern, not one of my 30 second eyesores...lol boxed.gif

Thanks Graham and steelheadhunter. Go ahead and fish it. I am biggrin.gif

They were a lot of fun to tie and I got to try a few new technics with them. Gonna attempt something a little different for another try at the realistics.

Duckydoty

Hey guys,

I thought I would leave a post and bring us back to the top. I also wanted to make sure that I have PM'd everybody that is done and needs my address. If I haven't leave a post here or feel free to PM me.

Also, flounder, I meant to mention this earlier, but I know you are a newbie and I am thrilled to be the swapmeister for your first FTF swap. The only thing I would ask is that you just take a moment to look over the Rules and Policies of FTF Swaps just so you know what to expect, and there are no surprises. Thanks buddy, and again welcome to the forum.

One final thought, I am thinking about (not positive yet) changing my pattern from a deer hair caddis to some sort of pupa if no one would mind. If anyone does, I understand and will stick with my original pattern.

Well, that's it for me for now everyone. Have a great day, get out and put a bend in the rod, and leave a post when you are done and you need my address. Until then, tight lines all.

MTG

Hi MTG, I think you should tye whatever brings you the most pleasure tying. Mine went in the mail yesterday and there's an extra one for meistering, a bit more realistic.

roger that MTG, I'll print the rules down--and tie what you want, no objections here..not like i'll be fishing any of these flies anyway biggrin.gif I haven't started yet, but the deadline isn't looming..not to mention Ducky and Graham's recent posts have me a bit nervous about my submission. I've come across no less than 6 recipes for the Hemingway: flat wing, split wing, tent wing, feather wing, and one that wasn't even remotely resembling the others dunno.gif i'm sure it'll work out. if anyone has a preference, just speak up--if not, i think i'll try the tent wing, but reserve the right to substitute rolleyes.gif

duckydoty,

Got your flies today. VERY AWESOME! thumbsup.gif They look great, especially the bonus flies. Thanks a lot. I think I might give those a shot tonight for some steelhead. I can't wait to try them out. yahoo.gif

Flies received so far:

Graham

duckydoty