Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Chatter fly?

Hot kind new bait for bass and redfish, chatter jigs.  Wonder if you could get the smallest “blade” and no more than an hourglass lead eye and still get the chatter and it still be castable with fly gear?  Stripping/pausing  one in versus steady retrieve might be an issue.  There’s a clear polycarbonate blade around...Anybody tried or prolly better than that anyone even care to do it????🤪

37AC6A5C-5ECB-4EBD-9A2C-197389E13E57.jpeg

05776184-64D7-4F8A-A416-5DD236841348.jpeg

75DF86D6-39FB-438B-82B4-7DA74E052CE8.jpeg

i use quite a few chatterbaits on regular gear.  problem they have even with 1/4 to 1/2 ounce weight is they ride upon a retrieve .i would think a small blade ona fly would do the same   .  used to be a  plastic disc or head that gave a fly a wiggle

I’m not so sure how new they are but I’ve been fishing them for a few years mainly on a lift/drop retrieve with spin gear and a rubber trailer of some sort. Never thought about fishing them with a fly rod because I equally enjoy spin fishing and fly fishing so I have no need to combine the two. I’m pretty sure your going to figure a way to do it though. Good luck!

Prolly have to make even smaller “blades” .possibly outa plastic instead of metal....

59B43953-C7C0-4C83-8BB8-EB681C16C79D.jpeg

I fly fish because the smaller, more natural looking lures of fly fishing seem to catch more fish than other methods ... for me anyway.

Like Poopdeck above, I enjoy fishing spinning and baitcaster rigs.  I don't bother trying to adapt lures from those methods of fishing to fly fishing.  

As for chatter baits ... tried them for one summer when they first came out.  Didn't catch anything that made me want to stick with them and haven't tied one on since.

Y’all just sit like knots on a log or maybe make some magic wands.   I don’t need your negativity.   Not any fun!😛.  BTW do you 2 ever tie abything or just run people down on  here?

For real dude? Nobody is being run down. 

Anybody tried or prolly better than that anyone even care to do it????🤪”