Fly Tying
sharpster68

Favorite area to fish

What is your favorite area to fish.

Me i like the Mount Vernon Washington area mainly because its close to me and there are quite a few streams and small lakes to fish

Ah, you're just to the north of me. I'm down in NE Tacoma (on Federal Way border).

My favorite place to fish is the Olympic Peninsula. More specifically, Westside OP rivers. But there is a fondness in my heart for fishing the Wynoochee. I'm a salmon/steelhead fisherman on the rivers. So not a lake guy anymore. Plus, I'm close to great sturgeon fishing on the Nooch. biggrin.gif

i fish the rivers for salmon and steelhead as well. i like the small lakes up here because their are a good amount of them and they are good for catching small planted rainbows. and there is a lake called pass lake which is year round fishing but its a catch and release lake only which is not all that bad because it guarantees there will always be fish to catch

My home waters here in Wisconsin. I'm minutes away from a top 100 stream. I'm on the edge of our driftless area, where every turn is trout water -- native browns, brookies, and stocked rainbows. I'm also only a couple hours away from Pacific salmon and steelhead in Lake Michigan. Every other freshwater fish is nearby too.

Hi Guys my favorite is 60 ft from my home on mcgregor bay lake huron

and streams on monitoulin island and area so my to choose from

mike

The Little Missouri in SW Arkansas....just because it's the first place I caught a fish on a fly. One of these days I'd like to make a trip to some of the real trout waters in the west and north....

I honestly couldn't proclaim a favorite not only do I like variety but I also really like to fish completely new water. My usual haunts include:

-Temperate rainforest waters of W. WA and Vancouver Island; if you haven't then you should.

-Spring Creeks of the Columbia Plateau; great geology and technical fishing

-Freestones of W. Montana; this is type of fishing I grew up on.

-The rivers of Central OR; the Deschutes, the Metolius you could spend a lifetime of fishing just on these two rivers

-The S. Platte, Gunnison and Colorado River watersheds; the Rockies of CO are a league of their own as well.