Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Next project

Yep you can totally control it in the air with the throttle & brake. The instant power of the brushless motor to the big tires makes it easy to control. More throttle makes the nose go up and tap the brakes to make the nose go down.

Now that the cars are gone it looks bigger back there. That open area is like you are thinking, right in line with the driveway.

Brought the big boy out today for a bit. First real time getting the 1/5 scale out this spring but was cut short by a blown bevel gear in the diff, knew it was going bad so have to swap a new one in now. If you notice the leaning spruce tree near the end of the vid, a 51lb truck can knock a tree right out of the ground. Now I have to fix a gear, and a tree 😆

Nice balance on those jumps. Is that how the weight is distributed in the truck or is it more a function of using the controls to manipulate how it lands. 

It's done by controlling it when its in the air. If you notice on some of the jumps the tires stop turning all the sudden/slow down while its in mid air, that's me hitting the brakes to bring the nose down to land nice and flat. It's a tricky thing to learn and I still have some where I grab too much brake and nose dive, or hit the throttle too hard at the lip of the ramp and then it goes vertical. And that is not a good landing when 50lbs comes crashing down on the tail of the chassis 😬