Fly Tying
CapeBSalar

What's your Tying Room Look Like

I've always envied other tyer's set ups and am still searching for the perfect set-up, this is my room now,

user posted image

but I'm moving on the 15th and am looking for ideas from other tyer's and would really like to see pictures of your guys set ups in one central thread, I think it would be interesting.

I don't really care how simple or how fancy your room is all posts and pics will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for sharing and posting.

Best,

Damian

this is my desk a few months ago.

Since then i have added an ott lite and some shelves but it is way too cluttered to take a new picture, i need about half a day of cleaning to make it presentable

user posted image

I can't wait till mine is done in about a week or so yahoo.gif I started working on it about 3 months ago and when I started I thought it would only take a week laugh.gif

ive only been tying a little while, but you guys have it all wrong, your area is way too organized, and well laid out, need some chaos in there !

This is my set up. On one side of the room is my tying desk and on the other is my computer desk.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Cool set up guys! Troutbum, how would you rate the Nor-Vise lamp? I was thinking of getting one for my vise mount.

great pics!

Damian,

The lamp is great. I used to have a halogen lamp that gave good light but was very hot to work under. The Norlander light is very bright and shows true colors which is important to me. The best part is that it clamps right on the bobbin rest and doesn't take up any desk space.

Neat pictures, Im semi new fly tyer I dont have as much materials and work juts on a bench.

My mom gave me this old roll-top quite a few years ago. The thing is over 100 years old. I know it is not the best tying desk in the world, but it is aesthetically pleasing and looks like something that should be tied at. I also am able to keep it up in the livingroom where I can sit with everyone else. I have my storage boxes decorated to match the livingroom decor, which is done in "Fishing." Yes my wife is a Saint!

post-2-1115518990.jpg

This is how I have to store my stuff. I am just about finished decorating the boxes to fit the rest of the room. wink.gif

post-2-1115519105.jpg