Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

FFF Southeastern Conclave

The Federation of Flyfishers southeastern Conclave is being held at Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain GA on June 3rd & 4th. The featured celeb is the legendary Stu Apte and our host is the equally legendary "Irish" Dave Duffy, the Godfather of Malt.

There are many seminars and exhibitions scheduled with over 50 fly tiers showing their stuff both days of the conclave. Stack Scoville (Flytyer-1) and myself will be there tying as will Irish Dave. If you're in the neighborhood stop by and say hi.

Troutbum, I'll be there. Look me up, it would be a pleasure to meet you.

Those bream and bass are gonna be FUN!

Peddler,

Dave tells me the Bluegill in those ponds are huge. I'll be tying friday and saturday mornings, look for me in the FTF hat.

Come on Bud, Pine Mountain isn't that far from LA. You can bunk with Dave. laugh.gif

Hey Stack,

I loved your article in Fly Tyer, are you going to be tying those in GA?

TB,

The Conestoga hasn't made it over Cumberland Gap yet. I haven't actually seen the current issue, as of today's Pony Express. I have seen a miniature of the cover on their website. I was honored that they were interested in the article.

The Reynard are fun, and relatively easy fly to tie. I was going to tie a classic on Saturday, pattern to be determined, and then some speys on Sunday. Speys don't take that long, so maybe I will bring some red fox and tie some of "Les Reynards".

Thank you for your recognition.

Bud, come on up to Pine Mountain! You won't be sorry!

All the Best from Nashville-

Stack Scoville

Stack,

I had the same program planned, it seems great minds think alike. laugh.gif

Just so we don't duplicate everything, I'm thinking of tying a Canadian Black Dose (or a Green Highlander)on friday and Dee (Dunt or Tri-Color) on saturday and if there is time a Rangeley streamer.

OOPS! I guess I made a mistake..write down the date! I will tie a classic on FRIDAY and the other stuff on SATURDAY! Maybe I will fish a little on Sunday!

I am not sure what I will tie as a classic, T.B. I am inclined to go to Kelson and pick out something I haven't tied before. I will probably make the decision 1-2 days before I pack. I have never tied a Black Dose so that will be off the list, as that is what you are tying. I have tied several Green Highlanders, so that is off the list. I may do a Red Drummond, if I have all the "stuff".

Best from Nashville,

Stack Scoville

Sounds like you're going to have fun. Sorry I won't be able to be there to meet some of you folks.

Tie one on for me.

Happy Trails!

Ronn

Boy,

I go away on business for the Conclave and the board goes great. I'm not sure if Mrs. Irish will like all the folks bunking with me.

Troutbum i wonder how you will tie those Salmon flies with all those bandages on your fingers. I will give you a Bomber lesson for one of those malts.

I was on the Flint River yesterday, 30 minutes from Callaway and got into the Shoalie bass. Yes it was a business trip.

user posted image

http://photobucket.com/albums/y277/oredigger/

Not bad for an older fella There was a malt consumed after this one.

The fish was released and it was enjoyed.

Irish

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!! bugeyes.gif Smallie, quick delete that horrible picture before the children see it!

hysterical.gif

I was going to make a comment about those Irish legs................but they speak for themselves, now don't they!

B.F.N-

Stack Scoville

Not a smallie but a Shoalie Bass Different species. World record on a fly rod is 5 lbs and this one went close to 4 lbs. bugeyes.gif

All children should see this. They are much better than those itty bitty coldwater fish. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Irish

I just returned from the Conclave and wanted to share a pic of Da Man. Stack Scoville is an incredible fly tyer and a really nice guy to boot. I learned a ton from him this weekend. yahoo.gif

user posted image

Irish was kept pretty busy, but we did manage one fly out of him, no deer hair bugs though, much to my disappointment.

I had a blast Dave, so did Mrs. TB and we're looking forward to seeing you and Mrs. Irish in October.