Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
softhackle

What was the last fly you tied?

OK, I'll start. Tied some #12 Royal Madam Xs the other night. Wanted a good attractor fly that was easy to tie but had the peacock/red floss of the Royal Wulff. I'm going to be doing some stream fishing in Yellowstone this July and thought this would be a good one to have in the fly box. I've fished Royal Wulffs for years, including parachute type, but they take more time for me to tie than the Madam X pattern. So I'm giving them a shot. I've used bullet head patterns for grasshoppers/stoneflys for years and like them a lot.

#10 indestructable woolly bugger! I was watching a rotary vice video with Lefty Kreh and he tied one. So I had to tie a couple for my box!

BFR

The last fly that I tied was a woven body sinking cricket. Just playing around with some ideas. Needed to come up with an original, eye catching pattern for a tying contest I entered.

john

No secret . It is for the bluegill tying contest being held on the southern fly fishers board

http://www.southernflyfishersforum.com/cgi...;num=1116888287

There are a lot of guys on here that are also on that board. PEddler, Calebb, Irish, kyratchethead, and more.

I know, what is a guy from michigan doing hanging around a southern fly fishing site!!!!! Lots and lots of cool bluegill reports and fly patterns.

Yep, I visit that site regularly. I just went there and seen that their site had been hacked recently as well. mad.gif

BFR - I was in Bass Pro in Savannah and saw the same video of Lefty tying his indestructable Bugger, very neat indeed. Went home and tied a few while the image was still fresh in my old head.

Actually the last fly I worked on is a Teeny Nymph with a Gurgler top. A variation on two great flies. Worked out really well and can't wait for this weekend when I get to try it out. A really easy fly to tie and should be very effective for bass and gills.

A big fly fiber type perch deciever, for the pike swap. I have made three attempts at this pattern. I take them accross the street and fire them arround the river. I want to make sure they work the way I want them to, before Ill tie the swap flies up. I put them through a serious torture test, Tonight I had two small browns strike at one of them. Shocked me as the fly was almost the same size as the trout.

Hi,

I'm in the middle of an order of humpies (my favorite fly to tie). I'm stopping for the evening because Dubbin (our canine fishing friend) is telling me Gretchen is home from work. Now to the back yard and some chain saw work on a tree that doen's want to grow straight! Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com