Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mark Knapp

Winter King Salmon Fishing and Tanner Crabbing.

16 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Looks like both a fun time, and some damn fine eating 😎

So far we've had some salmon straight up and I made some chowder with the crab and king salmon along with some shrimp, clams, scallops and rock fish. It is good eating. I haven't heard from Mike but I think he's secretly wishing he lived here. It's 8 above today. Not bad at all.

We had a great time. Thanks Bud.

Mike's in Ohio again right now on business. He'll be coming up to hang out here with me again in the theater room this weekend. I know he must be loving all the cold/snow we have here right now 🤣

1 hour ago, Steeldrifter said:

Mike's in Ohio again right now on business. He'll be coming up to hang out here with me again in the theater room this weekend. I know he must be loving all the cold/snow we have here right now 🤣

I'm sure you guys will have a blast. Say "HI" for me.

Hey Mark !!!

Been a busy week for me, with the class running a little late trying to get guys through the worksheets.  Then braving the freezing temperatures to get a bite to eat.  Ohio might not be Alaska, as it's rarely been below 30°F ... but to my thin blood ... it's still TOOOOOOO cold.

I do envy you the crabs and fish ... but not the weather you have to be in to get them.  Not wishing I lived there ... secretly or overtly!  You are welcome to it, my friend.

1 hour ago, mikechell said:

Hey Mark !!!

Been a busy week for me, with the class running a little late trying to get guys through the worksheets.  Then braving the freezing temperatures to get a bite to eat.  Ohio might not be Alaska, as it's rarely been below 30°F ... but to my thin blood ... it's still TOOOOOOO cold.

I do envy you the crabs and fish ... but not the weather you have to be in to get them.  Not wishing I lived there ... secretly or overtly!  You are welcome to it, my friend.

It was actually above freezing all three days we fished. It was pretty comfortable. The term they use for people that don't like the cold up here is "Ice Wimp"😁

Have fun at Steve's. I'm moving one of the fish houses tomorrow, wanna help? It will be 9 above.

I’m late to the party, but great job Mark. Looks like you are going to have some great eating to go along with the great fishing. It’s going to get up to 28 today, first time in over a week. Time to do some outside projects.