Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DWSmith

Finally! AR-15 vs. Assault Rifle

In Canada the idiots in charge are calling them "assault style". Anything with a black synthetic stock and a pistol grip is on a list considered assault style because they look scary not because of the capability. You guys are lucky to have the Second Amendment. Keep up the fight.

Les

29 minutes ago, Lesg said:

because they look scary 

Its all about feelings, not facts.  

It's 100% an agenda. They do not care about facts because if they did then they would have to face the fact that rifles are only used in "gun violence 😒" between 1.4% - 2.6% of the time depending on where you look, but at the very highest it is 2.6%.

Truth be told, handguns are used almost 55% of the time. The real reason they go after the AR15 is because if you look at the sales of rifles since the 1980's the vast majority of rifle sales are AR15. I can't remember the exact number off hand without looking but I know it is something like 60%+ of all rifle sales these days are AR15/.223. So they target the AR15 not based off any facts, but simply because they know if they can get rid of those sales that will take the largest amount of popular rifles out of the market.

They will not be successful though. The AR15 is not called Americans rifle for no reason. A number of the latest bans are already being challenged, and with SCOTUS rulings such as the Bruen, and Heller rulings, the unconstitutional bans are in fact starting to lose finally and rightfully so.

I stay away from discussions on gun control laws so I won’t comment on them. However, I don’t understand why they just don’t pass a law outlawing murder. Make it illegal to kill people. It’s just so simple. 

LOL, I have to completely disagree!  If they allow all the people that "need killin'" to be offed then there wouldn't be an issue.  Of course we are all on someones list of people that the world would be better without, heck some days I'm on my own list...

Swamp