Fly Tying
JarrodRuggles

challenge for the realistic tyers

that is a truly amazing fly that you are working on! It seems there is a recent interest in this topic. I think i will hit the mayfly again. I haven't gotten any pictures of my flies posted recently. Will attempt a new mayfly soon.

Seth,

This mayfly is officialy (almost) finished biggrin.gif I only have to do a little colouring and varnishing... I think i wil photo her,in case i'l mess it up ... sad.gif

By the way: can i use a water based laquer ?? i dont have any varnish...

I think this will come out preety good for my second realistic(the first one is a fishable one with realistic wings tongue.gif )

The body is made from notebook wrapper (i think you this things there..) because the edge is a little thicker and the segmentation is more pronounced + it's translucent. It's painted with the cheapest marker ever found with a huge tip blink.gif

Hi Redkid,

I can't wait to see your finished fly!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the abdomen you tied and colored is as nice or nicer than I have ever seen, I find it very inspirational, you are doing a fantastic job on this fly.

Graham

redkid...Excellent tie. I would be interested in how you tied the body. Did you use a wire? Maybe you could post your instructions when you finish.

Where do you live? If you don't have access to a fly shop I can send you some latex and nymph skin. Just pm me with your address. If I can help you with some materials, just holler.

Your pattern is just what I've been looking for. I have some realistic mayfly wings that are just dying to be used.

Keep tying. Thom

Heloo ! just putting some warnish on my fly.It turned out good but i HATE the head!!! anyway...

SullyTM:

I'm from Romania,and thanks alot for your offer! ypu're too kind !! I think i'm dooing preety good with the things i find in my room. The only things i can find in here are from this site: http://www.flytying.ro/produse/indexproduse.htm

I have some BODY STRETCH but it's not thick enough for my taste..

The body is wire,thread, some thick mono on the sides and the notebook wrapper + the marker... I've learned it from u guys!It's my first REAL realistic,I have many things to learn...

Ok... I'l go finish my fly and hope to get a camera and post a photo befor u wake up(it's noon in here...)

redkid...Thanks for the body tying info. Please pm me your address. I'd like to send you some things I have at my disposal here in California. And you won't find them in a fly shop or on-line. Later. Thom