Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
RickZieger

First fish in a month

Got 12 gills and one bass I keep as it was hooked in the gills.  Rare pond that had clear water. Most ponds are cover with moss or pea Green with algae.

Rick 

Had fun and good eating. Can't beat that. Only fish I've had lately to eat are Sardines or Kipper Snacks. Oh well, they are good for you anyway even if my wife hates them.

Glad to hear y'all are fishing... Me?  I'm still knee deep in re-fitting my old skiff.   It now has a new motor (with all new gauges, shift/throttle, etc - had to switch brands to Yamaha after Evinrude quit making new motors...).  As part of the process had to have my center console re-surfaced to cover all the old instrument holes (black acrylic) and am in the process of rigging out and setting up my first chartplotter... great fun - the first thing I did yesterday when I powered it up was to somehow establish Finnish as the language for the thousand dollar machine - hope to fix that this morning with a soft re-set... Lucky me... Should be back up and running shortly though.  Wonder if the mosquitoes have missed me?

Capt. Bob, I've often wondered what the mosquitos eat when I'm not around as well. They seem to have survived without me. LOL

One thing is certain - during summer - when the fish are eating everything in sight... My phone doesn't ring much for day trips.  Night trips are great, but few and far between as well.  Our big season is December through the end of April when all the visitors are here...