Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Capt Bob LeMay

Jimmy Buffet gone...

Passed away at age 76... say it ain't so.   This hits a bit close to home - for those not aware he was  a dedicated saltwater fly angler when he wasn't entertaining, with tarpon at the top of the list...  I never met him, or had the pleasure of fishing with him but we're close enough in age for me to remember his very first album we he was working in the Keys - all those  years ago.... The title was right on the money... "A white sport coat - and a pink crustacean"  

Guess radio stations will be playing lots of his songs now - for a while.  Hope they play the early songs...

Sad, so young.  

RIP  'son of a son of a sailor'.  Thanks for the many memorable shows.  

24 minutes ago, Capt Bob LeMay said:

Hope they play the early songs...

👍

Was just reading about it a few mins ago 😔 Very sad. I always liked his music. There's not many songs that are as well known by all age groups as Margaritaville. Been a lot of good musicians that have passed in the past 5-6 yrs it seems. Tom Petty, Aretha Franklin, Chuck Berry, Tina Turner, David Bowie, now Jimmy....... Makes ya think, there's one hell of a good concert going on somewhere.

Some news accounts have mentioned  that it was skin cancer that took him down... something exotic though that I've never heard of..  If anyone knows more please post it up... Skin cancer is certainly a hazard if you spend your days on the  water... I get  to see my dermatologist every three months as it is... 

Thanks for the info.... Like many who spend their lives outdoors I have skin cancer (the mildest form -  basal cell carcinoma), not life threatening - but still something to deal with... I get to see my skin doctor every three months...   I'd say that skin cancer is an occupational hazard for any fishing guide... so you pay attention to any info that comes your way...