Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Daryl wong

Hello from Hawaii

I just started fly fishing in January.  I met a guy who took me underwing and showed me how to cast, and fly fish for Bonefish.  I normally fish with bait, but once I caught my first bonefish on fly, that was like instant addiction!   Since then I've learned to cast better, double haul, see fish better, and learned to pole his flats boat around so he can now get to fish more instead of just me on the bow.   My biggest bone is 28 in or about 8 lbs.  I promised to let all the bones caught on fly go.  He ties his own flies.   I want to get into that and now researching for vises, patterns etc.  Hopefully I can catch bonefish on my own flies one day.   I recently retired and found the perfect thing to do when not diving. fish 3-4 days a week and dive on Sundays.     Caught 81 bones so far.  Going to Xmas island in Jan. Hope to catch a GT.  I've spear GT  diving yazbeck.thumb.jpg.51e6299f7205aefb02198482ccaacc42.jpgbut never caught on a fly yet.

Aloha, Daryl

IMG_20230306_214814_013.jpg

20230125_161517.jpg

IMG_3929.jpg

Welcome Daryl looks like you have a great retirement plan! I can't wait to see more of your posts and flies when you get tying.

Chris

Awesome, welcome to the site! Gunnar Brammer has a great series of streamer related tying videos, soup to nuts.