Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Just FYI to all

Dang Steve! I log in for the first time in more than a year and this is the first post I see!! Its been an awful long time since this all started. I've been spread pretty thin and trying to make it back around to some of my old stomping grounds here after I ran a search online and hit my old contest fly. Hopefully keep in touch.

On 10/4/2023 at 12:08 PM, DWSmith said:

I have a question about your posts.  If you don't use a cell phone do you use a landline?  (Personally, I hate cell phones especially smart phones.  I wish I could go back to a landline with a couple of high tech accessories; an answering machine and a caller ID device.  👍 )  Reducing the use of cell phones would probably do a lot of us some good

Yep I have not had a cell phone since the old Nokia ones 20 yrs ago with "snake" as the only game. I hate cell phones. IMO they are to blame for a huge part of the degradation of society. So I gave them up. I just have a landline. If anyone wants me, they call and my phone rings and if I am not home then my answering machine pics up. IMO nothing is so important that I need to be on call 24/7 like a cell phone (leash /gps tracker) is.

13 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Yep I have not had a cell phone since the old Nokia ones 20 yrs ago with "snake" as the only game. I hate cell phones. IMO they are to blame for a huge part of the degradation of society. So I gave them up. I just have a landline. If anyone wants me, they call and my phone rings and if I am not home then my answering machine pics up. IMO nothing is so important that I need to be on call 24/7 like a cell phone (leash /gps tracker) is.

Thanks for that reply!  Didn't mean to sidetrack the thread.  Just curious about what you said.  👍

Thanks Steve - I've enjoyed this site since about 2005 or so and seen its ups and downs. Your hard work is much appreciated - even if it did seem like work to you. Wishing you all the best, and please don't be a stranger.

-Peter

Steve

Late to the thread, but want to add some thoughts. This site has turned many long time lurkers into active participants and that is a reflection on your vision and the way you implemented it. You have created a safe and growth oriented place for all levels of tiers and fishers to safely get involved. My tying has improved because of all the supportive tiers on this site. The rods, both fly and spinning, are continuing joys to fish. 
Thank you 

Tom