Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

Oh my

Back in the day when I was big into hot rods and lifted trucks guys used hydraulics to achieve that sort of stance. You could do the traditional "raked" look with back end raised and front lowered, or however you wanted the stance to look.  Then as time went on they went from hydraulics to easier to install air suspension. 

The problem with the squatted look is that a lot of those guys simply buy a cheap 4" lift kit for the front, then a cheap shackle drop lowering kit for the rear and then it is not adjustable at all and creates the issues I mentioned about no suspension travel and huge blind spots out front of the truck. I've got a friend on the sheriff dept in Virginia and he said recently that they just passed a new law in Nov of 23 against that down there. It's $100-$300 fine now. 

I'm in no way against guys doing what makes them happy if they do it the right way with correct parts and pay for it out of their own pocket with their own money, doesn't matter if I like it or not, its their truck and to each his own, more power to them I say. And there are guys that do it the right way with air suspensions, I see them on Woodward at the Dream Cruise every year. But you'd be surprised how many guys do it the wrong way and actually make the truck a danger on the road. It was the same back in the 80's/90's with some of the lifted trucks I use to see in clubs I was in around here. Guys would show up with lift blocks on the front axle and stock steering arms/pitman arms and the steering angles were all out of wack 😲