Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mark Knapp

I love to go ice fishing.

14 hours ago, Heff2 said:

Had a nice fish fry on the ice today.  Life doesn’t get much better than that

I miss the days of our ice fishing get togethers dragging grills and stoves cooing breakfast and lunches on the ice, Heff your right life doesn't get much better, I can still smell the venison sausage onions and peppers and the stew pot!

On 2/3/2024 at 2:28 PM, Heff2 said:

Had a nice fish fry on the ice today.  Life doesn’t get much better than that.  Caught a bunch of Jumbos and some Sunfish. They were quite fond of some glow jigs I made up last week. 

Yeah, your' sufferin'. Good on you, that's what it's about, for sure

On 2/4/2024 at 8:55 AM, cphubert said:

I miss the days of our ice fishing get togethers dragging grills and stoves cooing breakfast and lunches on the ice, Heff your right life doesn't get much better, I can still smell the venison sausage onions and peppers and the stew pot!

It is extra work for sure but it's worth it once or twice a season.  Hopefully you get some Ice before end of Feb CP.  My forecast it showing it cooling down for end of the month and I hope to get a few more outings in before Easter.  

16 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

Yeah, your' sufferin

Lol,  I haven't suffered through an ice trip for a few years. That said your Ice House does leave me envious.  

3 hours ago, Heff2 said:

It is extra work for sure but it's worth it once or twice a season.  Hopefully you get some Ice before end of Feb CP.  My forecast it showing it cooling down for end of the month and I hope to get a few more outings in before Easter.  

Lol,  I haven't suffered through an ice trip for a few years. That said your Ice House does leave me envious.  

I love to make people envious.

Got out for another day on the ice.  Great multi species day, got some smaller Lakers, burbot and a pile of smelts too. New PB wallaye was the highlight of my day. IMG_2423.thumb.jpeg.68ea85890dcbd628570e5f971759bc03.jpegIMG_2422.thumb.jpeg.2e654e8129af22a70b00c52a9629cf43.jpegIMG_2431.thumb.jpeg.e7ea7bf7faf5ad6dc8e6e908f6bcfaa2.jpeg

On 2/17/2024 at 4:25 AM, Heff2 said:

Got out for another day on the ice.  Great multi species day, got some smaller Lakers, burbot and a pile of smelts too. New PB wallaye was the highlight of my day.

Wow, good on ya!