Fly Tying
flytire

Thats gonna hurt

Jeez man.  That cop was incredibly lucky.  I hope he bought a lottery ticket on his way home.  I’ve seen highway workers nearly get nailed by careless drivers a couple of times.  I have seen some really horrible traffic accidents that I can still see when I close my eyes.  I was a solo long haul trucker.  I pulled a flatbed and been everywhere but Rhode Island and Alaska. Covered a lot of miles in Canada, too.  A horrific car fire in Arizona, and also a daycab semi that slammed into the back of a big motorhome running it over, comes too easily to mind.  That happened on the opposite side of the highway.  The median was quite wide at that point due to the landscape and I was in the slow lane, but as I passed by, I could see over the vehicles in the lanes next to me.  I was able to see the driver had survived unharmed and had exited his truck.  He was walking in circles, holding his head and was obviously screaming by the look on his face..  I realized that under the destroyed motorhome was at least two, maybe three more cars.  I was southbound on the Grapevine in California, 2002 or 2003.  Some images burned in my head I wish I could forget.  LL