Fly Tying
DFoster

Loon Aquel floatant really great deal.

Hi all, I’ve never used Aquel but I know people who say it’s their go to.  Today I was in an LL Bean store and it looks to me like they are closing it out. From $7.95 to $1:99!  I bought the last 2 off the shelf.  Just thought I would put it out there for anyone who uses the stuff. 
IMG_0941.thumb.jpeg.7a9c24bbdd60c79260001265913fb1bb.jpegIMG_0940.thumb.jpeg.911317b022765335a593e59d507381bd.jpeg

LL Bean also has Loon Top Ride desiccant at half off. $4.99 a bottle.

Thanks for the hot tip DF - making my way over to LL Bean right now! :)

EDIT - must be for in-store purchases only. I don't see either item on the "Sale" section of the website. Alas. :(

On 3/21/2024 at 2:32 PM, Bryon Anderson said:

Thanks for the hot tip DF - making my way over to LL Bean right now! :)

EDIT - must be for in-store purchases only. I don't see either item on the "Sale" section of the website. Alas. :(

I could be wrong but it looks to me like Bean is closing out Loon products.  They had the Loon tungsten putty super cheap as well.

Albolene-Face-Moisturizer-Facial-Cleanse

Under $10 at Wally World, you'll be set for the next decade.  Good for dry flies, greasing line, cleaning and dressing line, chapped lips, and the day after that "What hell was I thinking?" Halloween party.  It's like duct tape. 

On 3/25/2024 at 9:54 AM, niveker said:

Under $10 at Wally World, you'll be set for the next decade.  Good for dry flies, greasing line, cleaning and dressing line, chapped lips, and the day after that "What hell was I thinking?" Halloween party.  It's like duct tape. 

How is it with stains? 😆

55-CA7448-0-E18-4045-AED7-13987-FB2-CB4-A.gif.d8f18c8f516a0e4866142b6d0e211d79.gif

Aquel does it for me, except for CDC. Loon Locsha does the CDC thing. I was lucky and picked up a 4oz. guide size at my local shop for 15 bucks.