Fly Tying
SullyTM

Deer Hair Tips

Big Dewey GSP is a very strong tying thread that is hard to break , very good for hair stacking when you have to put a lot of tension on the thread.

Thom, I've seen your flies and know you will master hair stacking in short order.And if you can get to a fly tying show and watch someone tie one of these , you will see its just another technique that requires alot of practice and hands on.You already posess the skill to produce great works you just need the hands on experience of doing it . I'll be waiting to see your works of art.

Fred

I've been hearing folks using the terms GSP and Kevlar thread interchangeably- and they are NOT the same !! Kevlar thread is also extremely strong, but it in my experience it cuts the deer hair much worse than GSP and is more difficult to work with.

Even though this is a three year old thread (ha ha) it's a good one to get bumped back up because there are always new tiers looking here...