Fly Tying
Alex C.

Fly tying expos, etc

how do I find out when and where these things are? A couple of the guys mentioned "Mason", when we were fishing last week and it sounded pretty cool.

When is it? Are there others that need to be put on the "need to get there" list?

Alex check out this site.

6th Annual Fly Tying Exposition

The Great Lakes Council of the Federation of Fly Fishers put it on! It is small compared to the expo at macomb college. But this one is just fly tying. I was at last years and I will be going to this years.

BFR

Ridderbos3 and wickedcarpenter !

Are you going to be ther this year?

The Mason show is the best fly tying show I have ever been to, this will be my third and I won't miss it if I can help it!!

I'm not sure when but I believe there is some kind fo show that goes on in Conn. Seems to me as I remember it being in NOv and being annual. Didn't get there last year but maybe this year. If I get more info I will pass it on.

I am going to be there. Hopefully tying again. I got my invitation but it said that I have to be a card carrying member of the FFF to tie this year. I am not a member. Trying to work around that at the moment.

john

This is the site for the Danbury, Ct., shows. The Arts of Angling show is in November. Flyfishing University is the 1st weekend after New Year's. I have tied every year at Flyfishing University- a very good show. I have not made it to the A of A show. Jim Krul, the shows' promoter, does a great job!

http://www.flyfishingu.net/

Hope this helps!

BTW, what/where is the "Mason" show?

Best from Nashville-

Stack Scoville

i will be in mason again this year barring any unforseen circumstances. it is growing and in my opinion alot easier to get around and learn than the macomb show. granted the macomb show is all fly fishing, and this is just tying.

lots of great tiers, and my son loves to go and talk to the kids that are at the tables tying too, which is an added bonus

Hi OLB,

You can check the Federation of Fly Fishers approved events on their web site www.fedflyfishers.org. They are continually updating that part of the site so check back from time to time. I'm attending one of their events on Oct 14 & 15 in Redding, CA. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

I'll be there for sure. I had planned on tying at Mason this year with a club i belong to or by myself but seeing as they now want every tyer to be in the FFF. I'm sure i'll pass on joining the FFF just to tie at their show and just pay the $9 to get in and just enjoy the day watching others tie.

Monday at our club meeting we discussed the Mason change. Only 2 members of our club that ties there every year are FFF members. I'm sure there will be plenty of room for the extra vendors added this year or a spike in new memberships like they hope. I go there to see and chat with all the tyers not all the vendors.

If the tyer turn out is way down from years past and stuffed with vendors this year because of the change, I'll save myself the 2hr drive next year.

I wonder if you'll need to be red headed to tie there in the up comming years......