Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CapeBSalar

Post FTF Fly Tyer of the Year Swap?

Just had an idea for another swap, won't host this one for awhile though, until the FTOTY contest is over.

What I'm proposing is a swap of say 12 tyer's or more depending on the number of people interested.

Each tyer has to have participated in the FTOTY contest and would tie a combination of flies that they entered into the contest, they can be winning or non-winning entries (# of each to be determined)

Each tyer would submit said number of flies along with pattern name, and instructions for tying the particular entry and a synopsis of what inspired them to enter said patterns into the contest.

I don't know if this is a good idea for a future swap or not, but I'll let you guys that are planning on entering at least 3 or more flies decide if it is. Those that are interested please state so by the usual "I'm in"

Like I said I won't host or set a date for this swap until the contest judging is over and the winners are announced. Those that state "I'm in" will then be PM'd or emailed for confirmation that they still want in when the swap is "Officially Announced" and a firm deadline is set.

Thanks for your interest guys!

Damian

I like this idea as well, I know last year there were some very cool flies. Some were put into the database and others were discused here by the members, others disapeared, with out mention. Your ideas of tying instruction , materials and what inspired the fly, have me hooked. Im in. This should be a great learning swap :headbang:

Wow, Im suprised there isn't alot of interest in this one. I would deff do this.

just hope to see some more people get in on this. Come on guys!!! this should be a really good swap!

Im In!!!!

-bly65

Hey guys,

I appreciate the interest. As for hosting this one, At this point in time I don't feel that I could give this swap the attention it deserves with everything I have going on right now. I will step down as swap meister and if any of the members feel that they would like to take this one over and host it I would stand behind that. I wish I could host this swap and as well as another, but due to everything I have on the go, like I said, I couldn't give it the attention it would require.

Hopefully someone will pick up the torch and run with this one.

Best,

Damian