Fly Tying
flytyer

Tying Room - Cleaned Up

Well, it got to the point where I could not find anything and I was running out of places to stick my flies etc, etc, so I cleaned it up.

I am writing an article about production tying and I needed it cleaned up anyway. Actually that is the main reason that I cleaned it up. thumbdown.gif

My wife bet me that it would be back like it was by the end of the week. Just to make her lose the bet, I am going to keep it clean until after the first. MAYBE, I will change my style and clean up as I go. What a drag.thumbup.gif

Just thought that you can show your wives - parents, that I actually do clean up once a year or so. rolleyes.gif

user posted image

Edited by flytyer

Thanks a lot JOE cursing.gif ! Now the rest of us are going to have to clean our tying rooms/tying area cry.gif.

Oh well guess it was time to do it anyway wallbash.gif

Jim

What you cannot see is to the right of the photo. I only showed the part that I cleaned. A lot of stuff is still on the right side that I am still using. Sometimes what you see is not actually what is. The marvels of the computer age, digital photography and Photo Shop 7.

I really did need to get the desk clean though. As I said, I am writing an article so...........

The bottom lines is to NOT show the cleaned up version to anyone.

Oh heck, I wanted to get everyone stirred up anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

I just spent 2 hours cleaning my own stuff last night joe its hard to keep things organized isnt it,seems like as soon as you start tying you get into a rythme and dont want to spend time putting stuff back dry.gif

Room looks good though!

SD

Yep, it's all about rythme. Open the bag, tie with it and drop it on the floor. rolleyes.gif

Sometimes it just seems easier to do it that way UNTIL it comes time to clean it al up. Oh well, gives me something to do in my free time.

As to the article, I am doing it for my web site. I have written a couple of articles already for my site and a couple of other sites on this subject and the commerical end of things but this is going to be a more in depth article with very specific information about how to do it.

It will be more or less a general information article with step by step how to's and some photos of how I set things up. Will go into materials, tools etc.

It will be the Featured Article for January.

Answers - 2 hours, messed up is better and no way.

I packed a lot of stuuf back up and put it ack in the closet. Just have to get it out again when I work on something else.

If it is messy, it looks like I have done something.

Do not have a wide angle lens so would have to take several more photos.

Give me time until I get all of the photos done for the article. I do them and then think of something else that I need to add and have to shoot some more.

Wish I had a photo of the other room that I had.

Believe it or not, at one time, I had a one car garage that was wall to wall fly tying. There were three of us tying. Each had a work station and then I had a big section with 5 electric turning motors and shelves and shelves and shelves and then an area for packing up all of the flies. That was quite an operation.

Plus on top of that I had two women that tied part time for me.

I actually had more free time to fish back then. I would take a business/teaching trip several times a year, do the SE Council Conclave and do several other shows.

Now, I am in a small room, no time, no fishing but a GREAT web site. Go figure. Guess that is wht happens to a has been tyer.

Well, gotta go. My materials are calling and saying that they want to become some Seducers.

I did not vaccum the carpet although I did pick up most of the stuff.

It (table) is not messed up yet but it is getting cluttered. I have tied up a ton of flies and they are all over the table waiting for me to finish them.

I have been a good little boy and packed up everything that I have been usng.

Remember that my wife bet me that I would not keep it clean for a week. I only have until this weekend and then................. devil.gif

While cleaning up, I found some materials that I had forotteen I had. Found 6 necks that I did not remember having. A second Christmas.