Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DaUP

Woodpecker

Very unlikely your going to get caught

Unless you post on a board with 3000 members... :o :rolleyes:

Let us know the official response for Michigan once you get the word.

I think that would fit under "someone calling the DNR" ;)

The official response anywhere in Canada and the USA should be a big "illegal to do so", but ya just never know.

Dave

Shooting woodpeckers is illegal in Michigan as well. One question...just what is the woodpecker doing that is driving mom nuts?

If its pounding on the house she might want to check to see if there is some sort of infestation going on. I have problem woodpeckers...but they aren't really a problem. They are going after the carpender bees that have invaded some of the facia boards, so I leave them alone. I've replaced and burned the boards a few times over the years but the bees keep finding there way back. If the birds are pounding on the trees around there, tell her that they are getting at the bugs that will kill that tree if she gets rid of the woodpeckers. In the spring, the sapsuckers arrive and drill holes in the bark of trees. to lick sap. It doesn't harm the tree. The hummingbirds follow and use the holes as taps thanks to the sapsuckers.

If she has a tin roof....well not much you can do about that except earplugs. They like using them for the same reason cardnals sing...to mark territory. It quiets down some after the mating season.

Live and let live.

thanks for the warnings guys rather waste my money on materials rather than fines

guess there wont be any falling woodpeckers ohh well

mom will just have to deal with it