Fly Tying
Ashby

Anyone close to me?

I'm in northern California just above Sacramento. Is there anyone close to here. I see there are some in Southern CA. Just wondering. I've been here for a long time and a lot of my fly fishing buddies have gone on.

Ashby

I wish!!!

I'm in michigan, just north of detroit! I would love to be there!

BFR

Hey Ashby, don't worry I'm here.

This is funny, today I just posted a similar thread on the Talk Flyfishing side. I am in Paradise, which is right by Chico, maybe an hour away from you. Have you had any good fishing lately. I'm thinking of heading to the Low Flow area of the Feather soon to try some steelhead. It's cool someone in this forum is in this area. I also am always looking for people to fish or tie with.

Steve

Hey Steve, I just looked at the Feather yesterday and it's still pretty blown out. The low flow may be your best option. That's where I fish for my salmon and steelies most of the time anyway. Just as you get into Oroville you take that first exit that take you to the wild life area. The river bottle necks there and the fishing is great. I've not had much of a chance to do any fishing since I got back from the desert. I will be getting out towards the end of the month though and doing some. So you are down there then you know my old haunts, Kings Canyon, Angles Camp ect. Man I love it there but with gas like it is and my truck gets 8 mi to the gallon I don't get out much. Of course at the end of the month that will change, I'm getting me a little Honda so I can do some driving and I'll have the bronco if I need to get nasty :headbang: Nice to know I'm not alone here then.

Ashby

Yeah Steve I don't know what I was thinking. You have that skyway Road up there with the incredable overlook. Paradise is a pretty nice place. You have Butte Creek up there, nice little stream after they reopened it. We will have to get together some time a do a little fishing. I won't be able to make it this week, but after the end of the month I will have no problem. OLB I checked the map and there are a few out here, but like me I put my baloon up there and well it's not there lol.

Ashby

Yeah Steve I don't know what I was thinking. You have that skyway Road up there with the incredable overlook. Paradise is a pretty nice place. You have Butte Creek up there, nice little stream after they reopened it. We will have to get together some time a do a little fishing. I won't be able to make it this week, but after the end of the month I will have no problem. OLB I checked the map and there are a few out here, but like me I put my baloon up there and well it's not there lol.

Ashby

That's right, now you've got the location. We should get together and fish sometime. NO hurry. Tried heading up to the North Fork of the Feather today. It's still running pretty high. :wallbash: I'm planning on hitting the low flow later this week. :dunno:

I figured it would be. I will definitely get with you here in a couple of weeks and we can do something, should be a good time.

Ashby

Ashby... Is Beale a good assignment? I'm ex-AF and spent most of my time at northern tiers bases that are mostly now closed. I was 27270 career field... "medically retired". Actually, 100% service connected disabled. I had some great times in the Air Force.

Mike

Hey Mike! Beale I think is a great assignment considering all the out door stuff to do here. There are no limits to it so in that respect yes. Now as for what I do, I Crew Chief the worlds largest remote control air plane, how cool is that and I get paid for it. Before this I worked the U-2 which is also here. All totaled I have been here from 92 to 96 got out of the military for 4 years and came back in 2000. The only time I left here was when I got out :hyst: come back in and they put me right back out here. I like it here...well not the cost of living, but I like it other than that. My wife hates CA :hyst: :hyst: so I may put in for Alaska in two years. I figure if I have to give up my remote control air plane then I can at least give it up for something good like Alaska or Germany :headbang:

Ashby

:) Well i'm as far to the east of you Ashley as one can get ,i'm in the state of Maine . and its cold right now too. Just 10 degress as of this min. Jan. the 16th .

JR ( Creation Corner) ;)

I spent a couple of years in Germany. Unfortunately, due to the political picture of the world right now, I think the Germany I saw and loved back in the late 70's is probably gone . Not wanting this to go political, but I heard that they may be shutting down the bases in Germany too. Probably for a combination of reasons. The first would be because of Germany's lack of support for us in Iraq and then the fact it's a unified Germany now and there's no more cold war. I must have had a good time over there. I don't remember much of the off duty stuff. :drunk: :(

Mike

I hear you on the not remembering. As for shutting down bases in Germany, we are doing it all over the world part a our smaller foot print thing. We are keeping two Air Force bases in Germany, and as far as I know and have talked to people that have been there, they loved every bit of it and can't wait to return or retire there. I want to go, I love it over there. I also love England, would give my :butt: to get back there.

Ashby