Fly Tying
JoeFish

Largemouth Bass Swap

Ik I did 12 frosted leaches. Ill post a pick tonight!!! and ship them on monday!!

Well heck, I have a little over 5 hours into 8 Deer Hair MIce. This is my first attempt at a Bass Fly as well as spinning hair. I was feeling pretty good about how things were coming along until I saw the pictures of the flys that have been tyed. I will get these finished and put in the mail tomorrow, but will apoligize now, while I think they look like little mice, I think I will most likly get a little better then I give.

Just bear in mind that each one takes me a little over a half an hour and that my wife will be yelling at me for the next month. I sure it will take that long to get all the hair out of the kitchen :D

Don't sell yourself short man...spinning hair can be a real ba$tard until you get it down and you have to practice sometime! Even without seeing them I am pretty sure we will be able to manage some fish with you mice....as long as there is a hook :blink:

The hairier and sloppier they are, the better they will work, so long as it still kinda looks like a mouse.

basically, just trim the bottom flat, make it have a tail, and get the rough shape set, and call it done. I think close trimmed mice dont look as good as a hairy mouse. maybe add a mono weedguard too.

I have started my flies, but am not finished yet, have about half to tie yet, will test them this weekend, but i think the bass arent keying into frogs yet and they are still gorging on fish.

Joe

THanks for posting an update 2 paws,

Dan, I recieved your flies, bonus points for the recycled Cabelas box. You sent one extra fly, ill send it back to you.

looking like an awesome swap guys.

Joe

Thanks for the words of encouragement...........and thank God they are done. I think I used half a deer hide and my fingers are actually sore. Will check for a different container, they won't fit in an Altoids can.

Did some reading on the Mouse Patterns before I started. Many suggested trimming the front, but leaving the back a little shaggy. Also regarding a tail, some used a strip of Rabbit, some used feathers. I went a little different and used Squirrel Tail. I liked the length, also a change in color with the black band. I also checked it out in the water, when moving through the water, looks like a tail, when sitting still I think it almost has the bulk for frog legs.

None the less, hope they work for everybody and I think I will produce better Mice in the future. :D

2PR,

one guy sent a travel soap dish(inside an envelope, with an extra envelope), a couple more sent them in small boxes, and included a return label, and extra postage, I will affix the label, and stick the stamps on, and that works fine for me.

there are only a few more sets to go!

Joe

Hey PPR thoes electical tape containers work great!!! Like the ones you use for eggs!!!!

OK My fly has been tested today 3 pike 2 bass and one dog fish that kicked my ever livin A$$ I had no shot The water boiled like satan himself was rising from the lake !!!!! If you want a recipie on this fly contact me in a pm!!! and Please Please fish this fly!!!!!! and fish it SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM going to continuse to test this one as of right now Im so happy that I am going to start a page for the web site and start selling it!!!!! :headbang:

OK! got 2 more sweet sets in the mail today. Oilersfan.... err Redwings, and Day 5 both came in today.

another set on the way, and i gotta finish mine still (will do this week) :headbang:

Here are a few pics...

Polock

post-1511-1147313690_thumb.jpg

flytime

post-1511-1147313709_thumb.jpg

FC FLYGUY

post-1511-1147313732_thumb.jpg

Dan Fitzgerald

post-1511-1147313749_thumb.jpg

Day 5

post-1511-1147313769_thumb.jpg

Catalpa Joe

post-1511-1147313787_thumb.jpg

ATB2

post-1511-1147313801_thumb.jpg

Steel45

post-1511-1147313814_thumb.jpg

Moses

post-1511-1147313827_thumb.jpg

Redwings

post-1511-1147313837_thumb.jpg

thanks all for now, need 2 more sets and mine.

Joe

Great lookin bunch of flies were gettin!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Thanks for the picts!!