Fly Tying
WindKnotFlies

Jack Crevalle/Pompana fly patterns

Just wanted to know if anyone could suggest some fly patterns to use for Jacks and Pompano. I've moved back to Corpus Christi TX and will be hitting the surf to key in on these two species......problem is I don't know what the heck to throw at 'em. Thank in advance and screaming reels to all.

Harris

Crazy Charlies in brown, smallish. Do you have sandfleas/molecrabs? if so put a little orange in them and that will represent eggs in a female.

The most fun I had when I lived in Corpus was fishing of the Port Mansfield jetties. I mostly used small clouser and sinking lines. I miss the little snapper I catch just before I picked up the line after a long retreive. Good times. You do have a four wheel drive don't you?

Sorry dude, dont have any ideas about saltwater stuff but i was cruising around on the forum for he first time in a long time and found your name so i had to shoot you a line! take it easy man, and good luck with your business. Hey, maybe you should throw out an add to the guys at stockard about your fly business, maybe they could give pointers or some info at least? Later

Clousers for the Jacks, in chartreuse over white and tan or yellow Gotcha's for the Pomps. I Love getting my butt kicked by a 10 pound Jack!! The hardest fighting fish in North America IMHO

hey harris,

I'm late on this but a pure white clouser with alot of silver flash out the back for the Jacks and if any small groupers are around in the rocks they will hit that hard!!!! just bring extra flies they will pull you into the rocks quickly...