Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
kerusso

howdie

Joined the FlyTyingForum today and wanted you to know a little bit about myself. My name is Greg and I live in the foothills of North Carolina. I've been flyfishing for about 5 years and I truly enjoy it. I started tying flies at the same time and I don't know which I enjoy more -- the tying or fishing. Probably fishing, but it sure is good to sit down and tie favorites or something totaly new.

I've been married for 16 years and I have 3 children : 8, 6, and 6 months. I've been blessed with a wonderful family and we enjoy hiking, canoeing, tubing, and cooking out.

My favorite fish to pursue is the smallmouth. I fish a river that's a couple of miles from my house that has alot of smallies in it. Late summer wading is my favorite approach, but floating the river in my canoe in the Spring or Fall is not too bad either.

I have 3 small mountain streams (rivers) each about 1 hour from my house. I can usually get away once a month, sometimes twice, and I enjoy that as well.

Looking forward to learning more about you and this great sport of flyfishing.