Fly Tying
Carver

What is your favorite trout streamer?

I'm curious as to what everybody likes to use when streamer fishing for trout? Mine is a #8 brown white and red streamer with a silver tinsel body. It seems to catch more fish for me than any other streamer pattern I've tried.

BIG deer hair head bunny body streamers. Long as it has a deer hair head that will move alot of water when stripped, and a body that "flows" with alot of movement then it's a winner IMO

Greetings!

My two are a Triple Threat, check Flyfishing and Tying Journal spring '06 issue. It's a home town Favorite. I also tie an EP fiber baby rainbow on a Size #8 Daichii that's killer. I'll post a pic of it here soon. Tight Lines -James D TB7

Gray and White Marabou Mini Min

Joe Fox

Joe I cant say that I have heard of that one. Got a pic or link so I could see what it looks like?

I've only been fly fishing since this past july, so take that into consideration. The times I've been trout fishing, only a couple have been conducive to fly fishing (darn wind), so i still have limited experience with streamers (though I've been fishing jerkbaits to them for about 5-6 years).

There are only 2 streamers I've tried thus far, but that's because they remind me of my favorite jerkbait for trout. Dave Whitlock's Sheep Shad and Coffey's Sparkelminnow in pearl both have proved effective for me. I wouldn't hit the river with a few of at least one of those. Flies and jerkbaits that incorporate liberal amounts of pearl flash tend to be really good at Cumberland River.

I'm going trout fishing there next week and plan on trying out some White Woolly Buggers, Zoo Cougars, bunny leeches (clouser versions), and some Conehead Twin-Tail Madonnas. I'm also going to bring some streamers with chartreuse marabou over white bucktail (unweighted and clouser versions). I need something chartreuse for my streamer box. Hopefully I won't get to try out all of these patterns. :D If I do try all of these patterns during that trip, that probably means the fishing sucked.