Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Alex C.

Got Trout Streamers?

Well after getting a Bugger Barn the other day and filling it up no problem with just my trout streamers, I thought I'd better get another one. Then I got to the fly shop and got 2 more. I have a box for BIG flies, mostly jointed ones. Then a box for mid size flies, and a box for miscellaneous ones, mostly from swaps. To give you an idea of the size of each fly, a bugger barn is 8 3/16" x 4 3/26" x 1 1/8". I actually could use one more for trout streamers, but I'll wait till after I get another batch of EP fiber streamers tied up first.

Here's all 3 boxes together

IPB Image

Here's the miscellaneous box

IPB Image

Here's the nox for my large size streamers

IPB Image

and here's a pic of the box for my mid size streamers.

IPB Image

Now I need to get a few more for Bass and Pike streamers :lol:

A couple more and you will be geared for action. Make sure you label them, so you dont end up with the wrong box in your vest when you are knee depp in your favourite river. Looks real good!!!!!

WOn't have to worry about having the wrong one, I'll always have atleast 2 of them on me. It'll depend on what river I'm on but, for example, if I'm on a small brookie stream, I won't have the one with the giants in it, but if I'm on a river that has the giants in it, I'll leave the miscellaneous box in the car.

bottom pic, 6 olive flies on the bottom left. Matuka/Madtom/Muddler paterns of some kind... is that mallard flank wrapped over something else for a wing?

Jeff, those are Zoo Cougars. yellow marabou tail, crystal braid body, white calf tail under wing, mallard flank over wing, spun deer hari collar and clipped head.

Jeff, those are Zoo Cougars. yellow marabou tail, crystal braid body, white calf tail under wing, mallard flank over wing, spun deer hari collar and clipped head.

Yup, those are my favorite streamer to throw. In the middle box there are some bigger jointed ones

cliffs bugger barn is that name of the box Ill never buy a c n f again !!!!! nice boxes Alex!!! Some of those flies look similar to some that I have!!! the deer hair divers sliders and cougars look sweet!!!! what is the olive spotted looking thing in the middle of the middle box on the left panel???

I think the one you're asking about is one of my baby rainbows. Theres some gobys right to the left of those that are just freakin awesome in the water man. I'll email you a pic of one later