Fly Tying
Alex C.

Praying for a descent Mantis

Well heres where I'm at on a Praying Mantis I started yesterday. Still have to tie in the wings, front legs and head. I've got the Graham paint scheme going on :D It's about 75mm long tied on 2 Daiichi 4XL streamer hooks cut and bent to shape. Heading out to New York on Tuesday so I'll probably take it with me and finish it out there.

IPB Image

AWESOME was the first word that came to mind when your mantis photo popped up, truly awesome. Man, you really nailed the shape and proportions, I bet the finished fly will be incredible.

It's just about finished, all I need to do is tie the front legs on, (they're already built), and the pronatum, and it'll be done. It got put on hold due to my family moving from Michigan to NY. I'll probably finish it pretty soon. Got a spider I need to finish for a customer first though. I'll definatly post pics when it's finished though

Dude, you are moving? Well we will miss you at Mason!

Dude I moved :lol:

Still hoping to make it there though, all depends on how my money situation is at the time

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Looks fantastic Alex, everything, including the coloring. I most like the legs, they look fluid and in motion, often flies have stiff legs that don't imply motion, and bent exactly the same way on both sides of the body, your's look alive and active. Great job!!!

Graham