Fly Tying

Hatches Magazine - Playing at my Vise: Tying Flies

Thanks for sharing, Graham. I really enjoy your style of writing, the step-by-steps and the awesome photos.

P.S. I want an autographed copy when your book comes out!

Yah, I know, I know! That's how rumors get started!

Seriously though, Thanks again. Keep those articles coming.

Is this the beginning of another "The Fly" movie?

Terrific article and the S-B-S is easy to follow...

Hey, Graham...Maybe you should tie up some maggots to go with the adults?! :D

Later...Thom

Hi bugCam and SullyTM, thank you for your supportive comments. It means a lot to me. Photographing while tying takes a bit of getting used to, basically because it slows down the flow while tying, but I do like to share what I'm tying and look forward to doing another Hatches article.

The maggot idea sounds great, I hadn't thought of that!

Cheers,

Graham

Good Day,

What?! Grahams writing a book? HEY! Everyone! Grahams writing a book! :lol:

(How's that Bugcam... hehehe)

But seriously, that would be cool someday. Flies by Graham or such. I however am seriously considering doing that very thing. Over the past couple of years, and particularly over that last, I have been asked by a bunch of people if I am or why am I not, or will I write a book. Let's just say there is some heavy consideration, but leaning toward authoring a tying tome.

Steelie

Graham you make it sound too easy. A very fine fly, the first "fly" I have ever seen. Your fly and your writing, a fantastic job.

Hey Steelie, I'll buy your book.

Thanks Gregg A, your kind support is truly appreciated, and I just though of something fun to try with the long horse hair you sent me. Thanks again.

Graham

I agree with everyone else, great article! I am specially impressed with the level of detail on such small hooks! If I saw one of those sittting on my table I would definitly reach for the fly swatter :)

Uffe

That article blew me away... start the day deciding to tie realistic house flies and complete a bunch of them during the day, photographing as you go.

You make it look too easy! I hereby dub Graham "the Michael Jordan of fly tying."

Hi madkasel, I'm glad you liked the article, thank you.

Now, if I could only figure out how to make $ like MJ, even just a few minutes of his income would provide me with a lifetime supply of Ramen packages....