Fly Tying
ArkieFlyGuy

Look out... Arkie is back....

Hey, SD... is it OK if I peddle some Meds, sex, furniture and other BS on this site? :P

Long story short...

I was mostly out of work for over a year. I kept things afloat by working odd jobs, collecting unemployment, and being supported by my girlfriend - now wife.... That's right... Cindy and I were married in November on the beach in Negril, Jamaica. Only stipulation was I could not bring a fly rod with me. Oh well... next time I'll sneak my 8 wt in with my underwear.... ;)

A couple of months ago, I started working in Springfield, MO and have moved to Nixa, MO. That puts me BACK IN THE HILLS :yahoo: and MUCH closer to trout waters. We've just now gotten settled and I had a chance to do a little fishing on Lake Taneycomo this weekend. AND my first NIGHT fly fishing trip.... WOW... What a different ballgame!

Anyway, now that things are getting more back to "normal"... for me anyway... you'll probably be seeing my happy.... uh... face here again. Still gonna be Arkie... you can take the Arkie out of Arkieland, but you can't keep him from drinkin'......... or somethin' like that....

Hey Terry!

Good to see your getting settled in. I was at Taney Sun night. When we gonna go fishin?

Hey I found the fastest way down there is 160 to 13 and shoot over from West Branson. Only takes 43 minutes from 14 and 160

Duckydoty

Ducky,

I went fishing with Leonard Saturday night. I could tell it had been a while since I had fished, but did manage to bring 7 or 8 to hand. But, hell... it's DARK out there at night. The good news is nobody can see how bad your cast is... The bad news, neither can you.... :huh:

I was back Monday afternoon for about an hour before I had to pick up my step-daughter.

I took 160 and messed up at the 13 split. I wound up on some winding goat path that came out on SHExpressway, so no big loss. I can see the Branson West route would work. But how do you go from there? 76? How's the traffic?

I may get another chance to fish this weekend if my wife goes to visit a friend. I'll let you know.

Go east on 76 past the silver dollar city exit, next light turn right heading towards the state park. Its only 6-7 miles down. I met Leonard the other night a Back Country Outfitters at the Taney siminar. Have not had a chance to fish with him yet. Been going with a couple of guys from BPS Erick and Jeff. Eric said he knows you from the fly club that meets at the conservation department. This weekend should be pretty bright down there with the full moon. No moon, cloud cover, and fog is the best way to go :D Cant see nothing then. Hey I heard Leonard site fishes at night---Is that true :huh:

Duckydoty

I found out about the Taney seminar a day or two late... :wallbash: Yeah, I met Eric at a club meeting.

You should get with Leonard... He is on a first name basis with the rocks in Taney. But watch out... I think he catches bats as well as fish down there.... :o Then again, I think they are his cousins the way he gets around the water at night.

Don't think he'd mind me sharing his

best of last night...

I'm hoping for a little cloud cover Saturday...

MTFA (MO Trout Fishers Assoc.) meets 1st Thursday.

SMFF (Southwest MO Fly Fishers) meets 2nd Thursday.

Both are FFF clubs. I've been to both meetings. SMFF is doing a clinic at MSU on Thursday nights and I think the meeting is off this month, so next meeting will be October.