Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fly time

Coachman swap

Exit wound, I used to shoot a 30-06, with 180grn corelocks, and they did not have that effect, it looks like the deer my dad pops with his Win. 300 mag!!! congrats again on the kill, are they good eatin?

Ok guys, I think I have all the flies, except for fly pimps, and he has not responded to pm's or been on for a month, so Im just gonna count him out, and send these flies back early :yahoo: Ill send you your extra flies for the one who has dropped out. Thanks for all of your participation in this swap, it was a pleasure to host, and thanks to all who sent me extra flies, they are appreciated!!!!

Dustin.

My 12 Tennessee Coachman went out today Priority Mail.

Size 12 they make a great low light searching fly.

Oooops, How does that work fly time. Going by the posts troutguys flies were too late for the shipment. It's not a big deal to me, I'm just curious about what to do? :dunno:

I counted him as a dorpout fellas, he was not late, but only had 2 posts in this swap, the inital Im in, and his last, as well as knew he was gonna be late so he sent them priority mail, I recieved them after I had sent all of your flies out, and sent him a pm, telling him I was sorry, and I would send his back to him, he was well we will say less than thrilled. The way I see it, if you join a swap, then you should take the inative to check on it, and atleast have some participation other than join, then send your flies priority at the last min, I would have understood if there had been family, postal, or health issues, and Im sure that most of you would agree :dunno:

As a matter of fact, I would like you fellas to be honest, and post how you feel how I handled that. Thanks to all who participated in this swap, I appreciate it, and the extras I recieved outta this. This fella was a new member here, and I have recieved some nasty pm's from him, one he even wanted me to pay him a little over $8bucks for the shipping he paid :blink: :lol: I dont see that happening anytime soon. I try to run these things as smooth as I can, and if there is no communication from you the whole swap, what should I suspect, especially from a new member!!!

Dustin.

I think you handled it just fine Dustin. You did post that you were going to mail early, and everyone should have had time to check for updates. I also agre that you should not have only two posts in a swap. That's half the fun is communicating with the folks in your swap. I can see that troutguy would be upset initially, but now he'll have a set of nice flies ready for another swap. As far as $8, wow, I think the boxes I send cost around $0.83, but I do not use priority mail. He'll just have to try again in another swap, not a big deal.

I don't know what a Tenn. Coachman is, but there is room in the streamer swap if it qualifies. That way troutguy would be done way early, and that swap has a quick turn around time--DEC 15.

Dustin, I'll say again, you hosted this swap very well. Thanks to you and everyone that participated. :clapping: