Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
kamloopstrout

CHIRONOMIDS

Hi TW,

Yes the stripped peacock herl, black with red rib, granny smith, and chromies are some of my favorites. I have been on the C&R lake and caught some nice ones already. The s-p-h is one of the best though it works at many lakes.

hook- 2x-14 or scud hook 16-10

white slon gill

7/64 black bead

red holo rib, small red wire, or crimson frostbite rib

body- stripped peacock herl

collar- peacock herl

tie on gill, put bead on, tie in rib, tie on body material, wrap body, wrap rib, then tie in collar.

hey KT ,when i was at that lake last spring the fish were all 18" cookie cutters and easy fishing although it was really busy. I assume those fish are about 22" now and a little smarter ?? probably even busier now !have the hatches started ??? do you have a gmc in your box? my go to.go get em !

TW

TW

The fish there should be even larger than that this year. the lake is turnover right now so when it clears up we will find out.

The GMC is an great fly for that lake, but of course I have my own variations that I cannot devulge. Try a number 16 olive with black rib as well it can work well.

cheers kt

;) ;) hey kt ,thanks for the info on turnover.i'll try it towards the end of next week if i can.when i asked if you had a gmc i was offering not asking,i thought if you were a chromie only guy i'd help you out but thats not the case .my chronies all look like flytire's with orange,yellow and green beads you should try them I think in a cloud of naturals they look like ice cream.if you do ever want to divulge maybe we'll go you show I show.GO GET EM TW

Mokai,

Thats an awsome ties what is the body of the first one looks very interesting. I would like too try it on a 2457. I have about 1600 chironomid patterns. I like to tie and am always looking for new ideas.

cheers kt

Mokai,

Thats an awsome ties what is the body of the first one looks very interesting. I would like too try it on a 2457. I have about 1600 chironomid patterns. I like to tie and am always looking for new ideas.

cheers kt

Kamloopstrout, Its pretty simple really..It is 8/0 uni-thread ,color wine..And a piece of small oval tinsel... Thanks for the compliments..Im new to the whole Chironomid thing...

Mokai

Have you tried using black stretch flex? All you have to do is change the bead between black and white, also change wire colours. Copper, silver, white, and red wires in small can cover many chironomids. White bead chironomids from size 18-8 black sf body, wire rib are the simpelist ones to tie. With a black bead you have to use some sort of gill like a slon or white unistretch under the bead. As you can see just these combinations cover many flies.

cheers kt

if someone could help me figure out how to post pics i would really appreciate it thanks .i bring up my file click add attachments wait and my post has no image??