Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Hard

Favourite watering holes

I am fairly new to taking pictures and photography. I wanted to try my hand at indoor photos. I thought where better than a few of my favourite watering holes. I also thought that it would be a great thread for others here to show some of there favourite spots. I love the outdoors but also like to visit these spots play pool and socialize. Here is a picture of a room in an Irish pub across the street from where I live.

IPB Image

Me sitting in one of the shoe shine booths that line the wall. I am unsure how old those booths are but they are unique, and are not used for shoe shines anymore. this Pub has 5 other rooms, an outside deck and breezeway. Very nice place.

IPB Image

Here is another place that is more of a pool hall, has a room in the back with lottery machines, which I stay clear of.

IPB Image

Another place that has recently opened. Again a pool hall, bar. I took these shots with an Olympus Stylus 500 on the indoor setting with flash. I knew there would be few if any people in these spots. I am unsure how to take a good clear picture indoors with lots of people moving around.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I know this has nothing to do with Fly Tying, but I like to get out in public, have a break from the vise. Relax have a couple cold ones. I also wanted to see if other members here have some favourite spots, or have any advise on taking indoor pictures. If the moderators feel this is inappropriate for this site, by all means remove it.

Damn, your guys bars are waaaaaayyyyy nicer than our fight your way in and out redneck bars. most of the billards and pool tables are leveld with coasters here, I love to drink beer and shoot some pool my self!!!

Dustin.

A pub with a "No Smoking" sign in it??? :o :o

I recently quit so that wouldnt bother me now....but I have never seen a bar that was non smoking :blink: Thats like a "No Speeding" sign on a race track :hyst:

we have a pool hall here thats no smoking and no alcohol, it used to be pretty dingy a couple years ago but the new owners cleaned it up real nice, its one of the few places kids can go around here that arent drug infested

No smoking in any bars here, as of November 30th 2006. No smoking in public for that matter. Taxi's, coffee shops, restaurants. You name it. It has been in effect for a while, but some bars had smoking rooms but no longer. There is a saying that "you can tell when its spring when, there are more cigarette buts on the ground than snow in front of the Bar".

We do have a couple of those bars that you mentioned Dustin, but I am barred from one . :whistle: The liquor inspector closed one down about 2 weeks ago. Another is under renovations as it had a fire. There are several others, that are to "high class" for me to go into. Dress codes, no swearing, about $5.00 a beer. I live in a very small town, and its strange, but there are more bars, banks and lawyer's offices than any other establishments. More bars then sets of street lights. Fly Tying keeps me out of them, and I only go to these bars once in a while.