Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Crystal Meth

I did not see this in the database, but would like to get some instructions on tying it. I think it would work great here for steelhead.

Thanks

dabalong,

The tying instructions can be found on the www.steelheading101.com website. This does look like an interesting and productive fly. Just waiting on my diamond braid order from Green Caddis and I'll be tying up a variety of colors myself.

Good Luck

Tom

Tom,

Your order did ship out on Saturday it should be arriving in the next few days.

dabalong,

Steelheading101.com does have the pattern over there with step by step insructions and I will try to get it added to our database as well in the next few days.

Wooooo Hooooo....

Got my diamond braid today SmallieHunter. Nice looking stuff....

time to tie up some crystal meth....

tom

Tom,

Great! I got to get me some of that blue color that you ordered, I have heard that blue works well in the Erie tribs.

Last fall while fishing on the Salmon river I noticed a guy that was catching a lot of fish (salmon). Turns out he was using some light blue egg sacks. I'm not an expert but I have never seen blue eggs except at Easter rolleyes.gif (is there any fish that lay blue eggs??) Anyway, it opened my eyes to trying other colors. I think that blue may just work well....

Tom

Guys I got to field test the Crystal Meth's for the first time a few days ago and I had extreme success using one with pearl diamond braid with red thread. At one point I was fishing this big male on the gravel and I threw three different flies at him and then tied on the pearl Crystal Meth and two casts later.....fish on!

I know Steelhead season is over for the most of us but it would be a good pattern to keep in mind for next season wink.gif

Ah, those ones are new to my eyes and the loops and the sparkely bright colours are great, ill copycat you in dk, think they are fab. they make me happy :rolleyes:

The only thing comfusing me is, hm... nevermind.

Thanks for posting them

Claudia :D