Fly Tying
flyfishingtaz

LOVE THE SWAPS

I just wanted to say that since I've been on the forum I have learned soo much. The heads of my flies are more porportioned( they used to be a quarter of the fly), I can do a whip finish so well there's no need for cement, AND I LOVE THE SWAPS!!!! Rookies listen up.....join some swaps. You get alot of practice, and ya get to check out other peoples flies as well. Just dont be afraid of critisizm. After all, the g/f or wife tell us our flies look great so as not to hurt our feelings. Try it you'll love it. Just be ready for debt counsiling. It's addictive. :help:

Addictive?? I joined my first swap this past November, and I'm in my tenth swap now. I can quit anytime, really. But Taz is right, great way to try pattern types you've never tried before and a great way to try new techniques.

Have to run, I'm late for my SA meeting. (swap-a-holic) :P

right on taz!!! :headbang: this place rocks, and the swaps are a great way of improving your tying, meeting other tyers and seeing other ways of doing things. once you have the addiction, swaps are a great fix.

I'll echo what the others have said, and add that the swaps have made me stretch a bit to try patterns and techniques that I'd otherwise not be getting around to.

I'm tying for seven swaps due in March; will try to slow down before the stripers arrive so I can spend some time fishing!

Bill