Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

mel

The next cycle should be up and running in about a month.The timing is good, you can be tying up some flies, I will send you my address. Some fun things are going on with this swap Great group of tyers with a lot of talent. Welcome aboard.We landed another kentuckian!!

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

Had a message from arostookbasser, he's still out in the boonies bear hunting.Then later he will be busy doing some moose and deer hunting in the next couple weeks. Now, thats a mountain man!!!

gage, the 'mystery boxes" are heading your way,wisconsin will never be the same.

Have a good one

Pat

I HAVE THE BOX!!

WOW! There are too many flies to choose from! But I managed to narrow them down and choose...

I have Jan's Troth Bullhead and Hellgrammite. A couple of flies from BDH, Kerusso, Aroostokbasser, Rich, Pat's flies and a few others. B)

Really awesome flies guys! :headbang: I gave the box a much needed reorganization, sorting flies out by tyers and from there sorting out by fly type.

I also see that my double leafhopper is missing... who took that? :D

Thanks for the AWESOME swap Pat.

gage

Thanks for the update, gage. This has been a great cycle, so many flies to check out, tough choices!!

cencalfly, be prepared.hope the weather isn't too hot. The santa ana winds started today,passed 2 new fires on the way home ,but thats what our neck of the woods , is about this time of the year.

will, I originally was raised in the pittsburgh area, and truly miss the start of autmn, football ,fall colors etc.

your shot at the "mystery box" is right around the corner.

Have a good one, its been an awesome swap

pat

Keep the back deck hosed down, Pat! Can't have our swapmeister burning up in a cross draft! Gage, which of my flies did you get? I've been working on dry flies lately and just wondered what you or others thought of them...they need a little tweaking....

Keep the back deck hosed down, Pat! Can't have our swapmeister burning up in a cross draft! Gage, which of my flies did you get? I've been working on dry flies lately and just wondered what you or others thought of them...they need a little tweaking....

I got one that looks like a mayfly and it has the special wings that look like pantyhose... very nice fly! :thumbup:

I also took the blue popper that ff13 tied. :D

HEY BIGDADDY>>>> those clousers that you tied up were killer!! But for some reason don't hold up all that well...LOL ... We slammed Ho's..Nookies and HUGE Browns today.. had i bet at least 50-75 hookups on freight trains heading north!! There are fish every where in the River!! 3-4 weeks of this then the Steel start coming... and that is what i live for!!!!

Pat weather has been fickle to say the least.. couple 40 degree nights and 50 degree days but now is back into 80's again with humidity.. but it won't be long and that cooler weather will be here to stay for a few months!!

May have been the sealer I used on the heads (experimenting). Used an acrylic head varnish/sealer. I have found it doesn't hold a candle to good ol' enamel. Hope you got a few fish before they fell apart. Gonna have to back to my good old Head Cement or superglue for the next batch. What hooks are in those? Is it a bronze hook or a blue steel hook? THe bronze hooks are a Mustad hook and I had some reservations about using them for trout/steelhead Clousers. The blue steel hook is a Tiemco specialty Stinger Hook. Much better hook....

Big daddy i was only picking on you!! No fly is going to hold to to those fish.. i probably caught 12-13 on it before it was destroyed..They really liked the baby Trout one.. i had thought they would!! So i tied a few more of them up also..They were like freight trains this morning!! All of them were Dime bright and full of fight!! It was one of those mornings that you are glad to be alive!! 3 of us all got our limit today and lost a whole lot more..If you wanna come up sometime let me know.. I know you would love fishing for Steelhead.. Heck you might even decide that snow storms ARE worth it!! Oh.. the hooks were the Blue steel ones.. held up very well even to the big Chinooks!!

good deal! Was hoping you were just ribbing me because of the number of hook ups...Have been trekking around in your waters before. For a while, I was making the trip every year after Smalliehunte turned me on to "chrome". Even hit Oak Orchard one year for the browns...WOW!! Lost my mind when I caught my fish steelhead in the Manchester hole, fishing the head of the hole in "the drop". Hell of a fight! Haven't been up that way in about four years. Planning on a week long trip with Flyfisher 13 next fall. I've already been studying weather reports! I'm eat up with it! Did you get any pics?!