Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

Picked out my set! Got several flies from aftyer (sweet tying man), abducted several of Chris's streamers (killer stuff my friend), a couple bucktails from Steve Larson, and I can't remember all the good stuff I pillaged. My little bro Ethan picked out a fly and is going to put in a P & O Softy under my screen name. Thanks for hosting Pat, has been a blast! :headbang: :punk:

Jan

Good to hear from you, smallie. Thought you might find a fly or two. Quite a selection.

Great job moving the box along. cycle 4 is just around the corner tyers!!!

have a good one

pat

Pat - Are you going to reshuffle the list or just add on to the current list and go from there?

rich

I think I will leave the list as it is and add as needed. I am still thinking about the second "real mystery box", and send it out , the receiver will send it to whomever, cross their name off the list,notify me for keeping track. With 15 tyers, it takes a a while for a full cycle, and the tyers on the tail end have a while to wait. I definitely want some feedback. This could be used for this next cycle, then evaluated.

There wouldn't need to be as many flies taken and replaced on the second box. Any ideas are more than welcomed. From my last handling of the boxes, there were a lot of flies for selecting.

With this group of tyers, I want to keep the energy on the upbeat. This swap has been a 'good un'.

comments and ideas needed

pat

rich

I think I will leave the list as it is and add as needed. I am still thinking about the second "real mystery box", and send it out , the receiver will send it to whomever, cross their name off the list,notify me for keeping track. With 15 tyers, it takes a a while for a full cycle, and the tyers on the tail end have a while to wait. I definitely want some feedback. This could be used for this next cycle, then evaluated.

There wouldn't need to be as many flies taken and replaced on the second box. Any ideas are more than welcomed. From my last handling of the boxes, there were a lot of flies for selecting.

With this group of tyers, I want to keep the energy on the upbeat. This swap has been a 'good un'.

comments and ideas needed

pat

Random is good....but add newbies to the top of the list for the second box and you start by mailing to the last name on the list. Then we send it on...to whomever. Pming as we receive and then as we send it on it's way. Crossing off names as we go.

Just my opinion!!

Random is good....but add newbies to the top of the list for the second box and you start by mailing to the last name on the list. Then we send it on...to whomever. Pming as we receive and then as we send it on it's way. Crossing off names as we go.

Just my opinion!!

That sounds like an idea. Pat I think you mentioned at one time splitting the list in two as well. Send box "A" to list "A" and do the same for List "B"and Box "B". Then when the boxes have finished the making the round switch switch them box "A" goes to list "B". Sounds like a lot of work but the flies would make the rounds a bit quicker. Another thought as well, Start Box A at the top of the list and reverse the list for Box B.

A package of flies from louisville, ky. , landed at my door step today. As advertised on some previous posts, mel you tie up some nice flies. As mentioned before, this swap gets better and better.

Thanks brent and rich for the input.

pat

Great to hear the "mystery box" is heading to californee. I know a couple of tyers are waitng for the mailman. Then its time to get ready for cycle 4. I haven't received any flies from flymaker1, not sure if he's changed his mind. Hopefully, by this time time next week, I will get things up and running again for cycle 4.

Its been quiet, not much dialog!!!

Have a good one

Pat

Jan...just curious...which of my flies did you pick? Don't remember adding any streamers except for maybe one or two Clousers....

Oh yeah...forgot about those...the craws are great producers in my home waters...the Zonkers were left over from a miscellanoues order one of my commanders had order from me for a Canadian Smallie trip....did you get the one that is REALLY weighted? Certainly not my best ties, but will include some more craws of better quality for the next round

Yo Pat.......

Are you getting many flies for charity?

I'm working on a tye-athon here for Reeling and Healing.......

.........I hear Casting for a Cure is a good one too.

brent

When the box lands at my house, I will see if any fies have been put in the charity box. Send along any suggestions for fly donations, and the addresses. If enough interest, we could pick a different charity each cycle, depending how long the "mystery swap" stays active.

AF tier is on the bubble, expect him to be surprised with the variety of flies!!

Guess , who is then next in line. Then its time for "CYCLE 4".

Have a good one

Pat